HOLLYWOOD (CBSLA) — A sexual assault suspect who was shot at by police on the Paramount Pictures studio lot in Hollywood was arrested early Monday morning following a standoff.
READ MORE: No. 13 BYU Rallies From Blown Lead To Beat USC 35-31
The suspect suffered self-inflicted knife wounds but was not shot, police said. No officers were hurt.
According to Los Angeles police, the incident began at around 10 p.m. in the area of Melrose Avenue and Plymouth Boulevard when officers with the Fullerton Police Department tried to arrest a sexual assault suspect they had been investigating.
When the officers tried to apprehend him, he pulled out a knife, police said, prompting them to taser him.
The Fullerton officers then called for help from the LAPD, whose own officers arrived on scene and tried to use beanbag and 40 mm less-lethal rounds against him, which also failed, police said.READ MORE: Suspicious Vehicle Prompts Response From SWAT, Beverly Hills Police
At the Melrose Gate of the Paramount lot, officers then opened fire on the suspect, who ran into the lot and barricaded himself inside one of its buildings, police said.
An LAPD spokesperson later disclosed that the suspect was an employee of Paramount, but did not elaborate on the nature of his employment.
After a few hours of negotiation, police swarmed the building and took the man into custody at around 12:15 a.m. Monday, police said. The suspect was bleeding and was taken to a hospital with self-inflicted knife wounds.
It’s still unclear whether Fullerton or LAPD officers fired on him. His name and the charges he faces were not immediately confirmed.
The details of the sexual assault case he was wanted on were also not released.MORE NEWS: UCLA Runs Past Cal 42-14 To Wrap Up Eight-Win Regular Season
MORE FROM CBSLA: