By CBSLA Staff

HUNTINGTON BEACH (CBSLA) — Former mixed martial arts fighter Tito Ortiz has won a seat on the Huntington Beach City Council.

Out of a field of 15 candidates, 45-year-old Ortiz won with 14%, or 34,901, of votes. Three seats were up for grabs.

LOS ANGELES, CA – OCTOBER 31: Tito Ortiz is seen on October 31, 2020 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Hollywood To You/Star Max/GC Images)

Ortiz is a Trump supporter who was fired by the president on “The Celebrity Apprentice” back in 2008. He posted an Instagram video on election night hailing the results that showed he won the Huntington Beach City Council seat.

“That’s how Huntington Beach steps up,” Ortiz cheered in the video. “Look at that jump. Look at that jump.”

Ortiz was one of UFC’s early stars, becoming a light heavyweight champion and also fighting with Bellator MMA. He was born in Huntington Beach and attended Huntington Beach High School, where he began wrestling and won a CIF Championship. He continued wrestling at Golden West College and Cal State Bakersfield, then made his debut in UFC 13 in 1997 while he was still in college.

“I expect no less. You wanna know why? Because Huntington Beach loves me, baby, and I’ve worked hard,” Ortiz said.

Comments (23)
  1. ralph callander says:

Mr. Ed would be a better councilman than this moronic knucklehead. MAGA

1. ChelseaLawrence says:

I am now making extra $19k or more every month from home by doing very simple and easy job online from home. I have received exactly $20842 last month from this home job. Join now this job and start making extra cash online by follow instruction on the given website….. Chak Here

2. Laura Benson says:

I am making 7 to 6 dollar par hour at home on laptop ,, This is make happy But now i am Working 4 hour Dailly and make 40 dollar Easily .. This is enough for HAZ me to happy my family..how ?? i am making this so u can do it Easily…Visit Here

3. EAG says:

great a qanon nutjob to boot.

4. CatherineBuckner says:

Google is by and by paying $27485 to $29658 consistently for taking a shot at the web from home. I have joined this action 2 months back and I have earned $31548 in my first month from this action. I can say my life is improved completely! Take a gander at it what I do….. Work24 Houre

5. watabi says: