OCEANSIDE (CBSLA) — Two Oceanside drivers may face charges after engaging in an apparent road rage incident that resulted in a rollover crash on State Route 78, according to California Highway Patrol.

The confrontation happened Thursday at around 4:30 p.m. near College Boulevard, CBS8 reported, referencing CHP.

The incident, which was caught on camera by a driver situated just behind the two cars, involved a gray Ford Escape and a gray BMW convertible.

(WARNING: The following video contains profanity. Viewer discretion is advised.)

(Credit: Jeniffer Dianne)

In the video, the driver of the BMW can be seen walking up to the driver’s side window of the Ford Escape. The driver of the Ford then proceeded to roll down his window.

While it is unclear what the drivers said to each other, before walking back toward his vehicle, the driver of the BMW spit at the driver in the Ford Escape.

The driver of the Ford then veered to the left into the center median and accelerated toward the BMW.

In the video, the Ford can be seen just barely missing the BMW’s driver. However, it sideswiped the BMW, causing car to flip onto its left side.

The BMW fled the scene following the incident.

Comments (32)
  1. Fluo Ric says:

It’s going to get much worse. The cities are all building high density homes but roads are left in poor shape. No new reservoirs and no new power plants. They are in it for the tax dollars with no interest in your well being.

2. DAN🦍 rolled his POS Ford!😀 😁 😂 🤣 😃 😄 😅 😆

3. More proof that we need to kick California out of our nation.

4. The stupid spitter is lucky he did not get a bullet in the back as he walked away. What an idiot!

5. Tom Ronson says:

The woman who recorded the video is obviously, one of those moronic black women. People in the ghetto just love the way she talks.

1. And you are obviously one of those revolting racists white people. Why don’t you take a long walk on a short pier

1. She talks like an illiterate moron with an IQ of 70. What is “‘racist” in noticing that????

2. I don’t care if the girl screaming is white, black, or green with pink polka dots, it does make her sound bad/ignorant/childish screaming and yelling like that. Shrug…. but she did get her wish now didn’t she

6. I have a teenager who recently became a licenced driver. While we’d be out practicing for the test, whenever I’d spot a BMW, I’d say “Watch out! BMW! That driver is going to do something stupid!”. And 9 times out of 10, within 30 seconds we’d see a left turn from the right lane, or a right turn from the left lane, or running a red light or stop sign, or just random braking or lane changes. And never, never, ever never never the use of the turn signal. ‘Cause Beemer owners don’t have to signal, it’s up to us lesser mortals to get out of their way.

Strangely enough, I have known several BMW motorcycle owners who were actually nice people. Go figure.

1. Ray Arsee says:

I make sure that I ALWAYS use my turn signals and drive with common sense and courtesy, because I know people like to talk trash about BMW drivers, but your comment makes you seem a bit jaded that you didn’t buy a BMW.

7. markdido says:

If I were Ford, I’d be looking into why it too so little to roll one of my vehicles/

8. Doug Poulton says:

A 5 mph rollover? I don’t think a stunt driver could repeat that. Ford better call in their engineering team on a Sunday to look at that. The ambulance chaser’s will come out of the woodwork when they see it.

9. Now a good advertisement for Ford SUVS

10. Aloha:
    Bigfoot Monster Trucks could not duplicate… Nice, nice…. Can I get some lessons?
    Need to get a gyroscope app…
    Aloha,
    xnukie

11. Kurt Smith says:

Still not as much fun as when I witnessed 2 clowns racing for an opened toll-pay booth as we were heading out the airport. You could tell what was going to happen a hundred yards away – both wedged in side-by-side, stuck. Scared the hell out of the attendent, had to shut the rest of us down for a few minutes to make sure everyone was ok and for an airport cop to pull up. I would have loved to have hung around to hear that conversation.

12. Peter York says:

I’m not on board with spitting, if he spat, but otherwise he seems to be telling the guy to get off the phone while driving. I share his view on this, and his passion.

And the way he baits this dipstick to rolling his own car over is sweet.

13. tngilmer says:

California. LOL Just one more reason to support Calexit.

14. Three idiots on the road. Three, because the one who made the video vertically is not smarter that those other two pea brains. Just listen to her…if you can tolerate this level of idiocy.
    I’m so glad I left kommiefornia. That place is headed for a slow and painful death.

15. malewurmhole says:

When choosing between a BMW and a Mercedes I had to go with the Mercedes because seemingly, all BMW drivers are richards. It’s funny but when talking with friends, they knew I was looking at BMWs they ask why my choice. When I tell them that factor every one of them agree, people that only know me because of the car I drive have reason to think that. I side with the Ford driver.

16. Doug Day says:

Dear CBS, Do you truly believe pop-up vid screens will endear me to your heart? Sincerely, IQ Guy Over 100.

17. You come to expect to hear this type of thing from this place. Wonder if anyone there is still a US citizen?

18. Fail…just like the rest of California.

19. Jack Pine says:

It is hard to believe the video is authentic.

20. Chriss MA says:

I know to be extra vigilant around Cadillac, BMW and Mercury drivers. They are by far the worst drivers. Either by arrogance, stupidity, aggressiveness, or all three. This from over 45 years of driving on both on local roads and highways. Either riding bicycles or motorcycles, driving cars, vans or trucks.