LONG BEACH (CBSLA.com) — The Metro Blue Line resumed full service Thursday morning after authorities searched the parking lot near a transit stop in Long Beach in response to a report that a bomb had been placed in a car.
A section of Long Beach Boulevard was shut down and Metro Blue Line service was partly suspended, Los Angeles County sheriff’s officials said.
Long Beach Boulevard between Spring and Willow Streets was shut down about 9 p.m. Wednesday because someone was overheard in the area talking about a bomb in a car parked at the Willow Street Blue Line Station, authorities said.
Metro Blue Line service was suspended between Wardlow Road and Pacific Coast Highway at the same time, sheriff’s Transit Services Lt. H. Saucedo said. Service resume at 1:49 a.m.
(©2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)