LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com/AP) — Reporters were allowed Friday into the Redlands town house rented by the San Bernardino attackers.
Reporters found a crib, toys, a child’s book of the Koran, family pictures and shredded documents inside the home along the 50 block of North Center Street. There was a computer screen, but no computer.
Authorities have said that Syed Farook and his wife, Tashfeen Malik, stockpiled 12 pipe bombs, tools to make more explosives and well over 4,500 rounds of ammunition at the home. The couple had a 6-month-old daughter.
An FBI Los Angeles spokesperson told CBS News the investigation at the home was complete.
“Our search is over. We released the scene yesterday,” the source told CBS News.
When asked why he allowed the media into the home, landlord Doyle Miller told CBS News reporters, “I didn’t…they rushed.”
He later clarified that reporters did have permission to enter the property.
When asked to describe Farook, Miller said, “He was kind of standoffish, quiet, timid. I didn’t see him or talk to him that much.”
Miller told CBS2/KCAL9’s Crystal Cruz there had been “no issues whatsoever” since the couple began renting the unit for about $1,200 a month in mid-May.
KNX 1070’s Margaret Carrero was among the reporters allowed into the home and tweeted several images, including an image of Farook’s CSU Fullerton ID card.
The residence is in a neighboring city to San Bernardino, where the couple opened fire on a holiday party of Farook’s co-workers Wednesday, killing 14 people and injuring 21 others.
(TM and © Copyright 2015 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. and its relevant subsidiaries. CBS RADIO and EYE Logo TM and Copyright 2015 CBS Broadcasting Inc. Used under license. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)