LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Police on Tuesday formally charged a 33-year-old man who is accused of fatally stabbing his three sons last week in South Los Angeles.
Luis Fuentes is being held on $3 million bail, the LAPD said.
The coroner’s office last week identified the victims as Alexander Fuentes, 8, Juan Fuentes, 9, and Luis Fuentes, 10.
The boys’ bodies were found around 7 a.m. last Wednesday when officers were called to the 300 block of East 32nd Street in response to a report of an assault with a deadly weapon.
The victims were found in the vehicle’s bloody back seat. Fuentes was in the front, covered in blood and suffering from stab wounds. Police believe Fuentes stabbed himself.
Officials said Fuentes faces the death penalty if convicted.