SOUTH LOS ANGELES ( — Police Friday announced a 26-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the murders of his wife and baby boy.

Around 8:20 a.m. on Thursday, the bodies of Jacquline Montoya Rieux, 26, and Joshua Rieux, 2, were found dead inside a home located in the 11100 block of South Normandie Avenue, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department.

READ MORE: Arson Suspected In Pacific Palisades Brush Fire That Continues To Burn; Mandatory Evacuations Ordered

Deputies said the victims were not shot or stabbed. The Coroner’s office has not yet released their cause of death.

According to detectives, Algernon Rieux — husband and father to the victims — was sought as a suspect in connection to the murders.

A preliminary investigation revealed Joshua’s paternal grandmother went over around 8 a.m. to the apartment unannounced to make sure her son was on time to appear in court. When she unlocked the door, Algernon bolted past her as she discovered Joshua unconscious.

Upon their arrival, deputies said the grandmother was crying for help while attempting to perform CPR. She also notified authorities that Jacquline needed help in the other room.

Both Jacquline and Joshua were pronounced dead at the scene.

READ MORE: Fans React To Kobe Bryant's Posthumous Induction Into The Hall Of Fame

According to neighbors, Jacqueline and Algernon — who had been married since Feb. 10, 2014, according to their Facebook account — had a history of domestic violence.

In past years, he was sent to jail for choking his wife.

Detectives explained Rieux was bipolar, possibly suicidal, and may have been under the influence of methamphetamine when he committed the murders.

According to deputies, detectives received a tip from leads, which subsequently led them to a home in the San Pedro area.

Shortly after 3 a.m. today, Algernon was arrested on two counts of murder.

MORE NEWS: Demonstrators Protesting Conflict Between Israel And Palestine March In Westwood

He remains in custody at the Los Angeles Police Department’s Harbor Division on just over $1 million bail.