STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Chef Sarah Daniels and General Manager Katie Povkov from Del Frisco’s Grille stopped by KCAL9 Tuesday to share what they are dishing up for Orange County Restaurant Week!
Here are some menu items they shared:READ MORE: Garcetti: 88,000 Vaccines To Be Given Out During The Week At City Sites
The Grille Deviled Eggs
Yield= 4 Servings/Two Per Guest
- 6 ea Eggs, Jumbo, Whole
- 4 cups Water, Cold
- 2 oz Bread & Butter Pickle Chips
- ½ tsp Mustard, Yellow
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise, Dukes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the eggs in a small saucepot and cover with the cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil then cook the eggs for 12 minutes.
- Once time has elapsed place the pot with the eggs in the sink and run cold water over the eggs till cool.
- Once the eggs are cool cover with ice and let eggs chill.
- To remove the shells, tap the egg on a counter or tabletop while turning the egg to shatter the shell.
- Peel the shell off the cooked egg and place in cold water to rinse off any shell and clean egg completely.
- Carefully handle the eggs and half them lengthwise. Reserve the cooked yolks and two of the cooked egg whites in a small bowl.
- Chop the pickles finely and add to the reserved egg yolks and white. Add the remaining ingredients.
- With a fine wire whip blend the ingredients together to form the filling for the eggs.
- Once filling is made refrigerate and chill till cold and set.
- Once cool, fill the egg whites with the filling mixture using a small truffle or ice cream scoop.
- Place the stuffed egg whites on a platter of your choice or you can reserve an egg carton as a display.
- Garnish the eggs with a simple vinaigrette or fresh chopped chives. Enjoy!
INGREDIENTS:READ MORE: 'I Was Desperate': Prince Harry And Meghan's Bombshell Interview
- 1.5 oz Hendricks Gin
- 1.5 oz at Germaine Elderflower
- 2 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 lemon wedge squeeze and drop
Combine all ingredients in a martini shaker fill with ice shake 5-10 times pour contents into a bucket glass
DFG Raw Brussels Sprout Salad
- 4 oz Brussels Sprouts, Leaves Only
- 6 ea Orange Segments
- 1 oz Marcona Almonds, Crushed
- 1 oz Cranberry, Dried
- ½ oz Manchengo Cheese, Shredded
- 1 oz Creole Vinaigrette
Creole VinaigretteMORE NEWS: Woman, Child Found Dead Inside Rancho Cucamonga Home
- ½ cup EV Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Creole Mustard, Course Ground
- 2 tbsp Orange Juice, Fresh
- ½ tsp Salt, Kosher
- To assemble the vinaigrette place all ingredients in a small bowl and whisk to combine and distribute evenly.
- Let vinaigrette sit at room temperature for 1 hour prior to use to let flavors marry and mellow out.
- For the salad cut the ends off the core of each individual brussels sprout off and peel back the leaves off the inside core.
- Place the leaves in a stainless steel bowl and add the almonds, cranberries and orange segments
- Toss with the 1 ounce of the creole vinaigrette and coat the ingredients then transfer the dressed salad onto a chilled salad plate of your choice.
- Shred the manchengo over the surface of the salad with a fine zester or cheese grater.