RIVERSIDE (CBSLA.com) — A grease fire tore through the roof of a Riverside restaurant Saturday morning before crews were able to stop the flames from spreading to other stores.
Crews were called at 10:40 a.m. to Pick Up Stix restaurant in the Riverside Plaza shopping center, in the 3500 block of Riverside Plaza Drive, Riverside Fire Battalion Chief Bruce Vanderhorst said.
Firefighters reportedly stopped the blaze from spreading within 10 minutes,
The fire caused an estimated $250,000 in damages.
A company representative at the scene told firefighters the restaurant would have to be remodeled because of water damage, Vanderhorst said.
No injuries were reported.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)