By Chris Kral
For U.S. soccer fans, the defeat was crushing. After a brilliant run in the ‘Group of Death’ and advancing to the Round of 16, the U.S. team was eliminated from the World Cup.READ MORE: Alec Baldwin Deletes Twitter Account After Interview Over Shooting Death Of Halyna Hutchins
Belgium defeated the U.S. 2-1 in full time and deflated the American hype and furor around our new favorite sport-of-the-moment. Although we won’t see the USMNT contend for the title, good times and camaraderie were had by all.
Here’s 9 things U.S. fans will miss after their World Cup exit:
9. Viewing Parties – Soldier Field in ChicagoBecause we love parties. #America
8. Jurgen Being JurgenNeed I say more?
7. Pitch InvadersThis guy…who pretended to be handicapped to get closer to the pitch.
6. USMNT’s official ‘excuse to miss work’ letterDrake Reportedly Withdraws 2 Grammy Nominations
5. Character fans…Teddy Roosevelt?A+ for creativity.
4. The hype #IBelieve
3. Optimism any time Clint Dempsey had the ballIn Dempsey We Trust.
2. Tim HowardHere’s a video compilation of Tim Howard’s record 16 saves in the USA-Belgium match: :::Drops mic:::
1. Unity of a NationBecause everyone loves being around people rooting for the same team.
You May Also Be Interested In These StoriesMORE NEWS: Second COVID Omicron Case Confirmed In LA County
[display-posts category=”sports” wrapper=”ul” posts_per_page=”4″]