LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Bumble Bee Foods has issued a voluntary recall of several tuna products that do not meet the company’s standards for seal tightness, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Cans that haven’t been sealed properly could contaminate or spoil the tuna, which may lead to illness.READ MORE: Mother of Three Murdered Children in Reseda is in Custody as Police Continue Investigation
However, no illness has been reported, according to the FDA.
“Due to can integrity concerns, our top priority at this time is to remove these recalled products from distribution as soon as possible. We are working closely with our sales team and with retailers to help expedite the recall. We must assure our consumers and retailers of a safe and quality product so we very much appreciate everyone’s part in disposing of the products with the specific codes indicated,” Bumble Bee Foods SVP of Technical Services and Corporate Quality Assurance Steve Mavity told the FDA.
Affected products include:
– Brunswick Brand 5oz Chunk Light Tuna in Water – 48 Count Case (Case UPC 6661332803)
– Bumble Bee Brand 5oz Chunk Light Tuna in Water – 48 Count Case (Case UPC 8660000020)READ MORE: City Of Los Angeles Expanding Vaccine Eligibility To Residents 16 And Older Tuesday
– Bumble Bee Brand 5oz Chunk Light Tuna in Vegetable Oil – 48 Count Case (Case UPC 8660000021)
– Bumble Bee Brand 5oz Chunk White Albacore in Water – 24 Count Case (Case UPC 8660000025)
– Bumble Bee Brand 5oz Chunk Light Tuna in Water – 6 Count Case of 4-Pack Cluster (Case UPC 8660000736)
– Bumble Bee Brand 5oz Chunk White Albacore in Water – 6 Count Case of 8-Pack Cluster (Case UPC 8660000775)
– Bumble Bee Brand 5oz Chunk White Albacore in Water – 6 Count Case of 8-Pack Cluster (Case UPCS 8660000776)
To check affected can label UPCs, can lot codes, and best buy dates, visit the FDA.MORE NEWS: BAFTA Awards 2021: Chloé Zhao Wins Best Director, 'Nomadland' Wins Best Picture
For recall and reimbursement information, consumers can call (800)800-8572.