LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Ever had food poisoning? Trust us, it’s not pretty.
CBS2 and KCAL9 Health reporter Lisa Sigell spoke to the people at Whole Foods Market for tips on how to keep your guests happy and healthy — and not having them have to race to the ER.
These are their tips to stay safe:
• Use different cutting boards for raw meat, cooked meat and veggies
• Use a meat thermometer to take the internal temperature of the meat – the temperature of your turkey should be a minimum of 165 F
• If you plan to stuff the turkey, take the temperature of the stuffing as well – stuffing should reach the same internal temperature of your turkey, 165 F
• If you’re serving food buffet style leave it out for no more than four hours
• Proper storage off food – use air tight containers
• Food will last for 3-4 days in the refrigerator
And finally, if you don’t feel like cooking dinner, let Whole Foods do it. Click here to find out how.