LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Ever had food poisoning? Trust us, it’s not pretty.READ MORE: Standoff Continues After Pursuit Ends In Palmdale, 1 Person Taken Into Custody
CBS2 and KCAL9 Health reporter Lisa Sigell spoke to the people at Whole Foods Market for tips on how to keep your guests happy and healthy — and not having them have to race to the ER.
These are their tips to stay safe:
• Use different cutting boards for raw meat, cooked meat and veggies
• Use a meat thermometer to take the internal temperature of the meat – the temperature of your turkey should be a minimum of 165 FREAD MORE: Time Is Up For Lucky Lottery Winner To Claim $26M Prize
• If you plan to stuff the turkey, take the temperature of the stuffing as well – stuffing should reach the same internal temperature of your turkey, 165 F
• If you’re serving food buffet style leave it out for no more than four hours
• Proper storage off food – use air tight containers
• Food will last for 3-4 days in the refrigeratorMORE NEWS: 2 LAPD Officers Face Disciplinary Hearings After Firing Less-Than-Lethal Projectiles At 2 Protesters Last Summer
And finally, if you don’t feel like cooking dinner, let Whole Foods do it. Click here to find out how.