LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Guillermo Sanchez, a public information manager for the American Red Cross-Los Angeles Region, appeared on KCAL9 News with emergency preparedness tips.
Among his recommendations, Sanchez suggests getting an emergency kit ready, which contains the following:READ MORE: Co-Founder Of Black Lives Matter LA Sues LAPD Over Their Response To Swatting Call At Her Home
• Non-perishable food;
• First aid kit;
• Medications and medical items up up to seven days;
• Battery-powered or hand-crank radio;
• Extra batteries;
• Multi-purpose tool;
• Sanitation and personal hygiene items;
• Copies of personal documents (medication list and pertinent medical information; proof of address; deed/lease to home; passports; birth certificates; insurance policies);
• Cell phone with chargers;
• Family and emergency contact information;
• Extra cash;
• Emergency blanket;
• Map(s) of the area.
Also, the American Red Cross suggests having a disaster plan ready. For more information, visit the American Red Cross online.MORE NEWS: California Passes New Warehouse Safety Law Seeking To Protect Amazon Workers
To find out how you can help the victims of Hurricane Sandy, click here.