STUDIO CITY (CBS) — With the busy holiday season just around the corner, it can be harder and harder to squeeze in those daily doses of healthy vegetables.
Celebrity chefs and authors of “Just Married & Cooking,” James Briscione and Brooke Parkhurst visited the KCAL9 studios to demonstrate a creative way to get your veggies in at breakfast, with their delicious butternut squash pancakes.READ MORE: Caught On Camera: San Bernardino Sheriff Deputy Kicks Surrendered Suspect In Head 2 times
Steps:READ MORE: LAFD Knocks Down 4-Acre Blaze In Remote Section Of Ken Malloy Harbor Regional Park
- Combine (pre-measured) dry ingredients in large bowl and mix well. (flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, cinnamon)
- In a separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. (eggs, vanilla, milk)
- Open boxed soup and whisk into other wet ingredients.
- Melt butter in small sauce pot, toast pecans in butter and add maple syrup. Bring mixture to simmer, then set aside.
- Cook pancakes in preheated pan.
- Top (pre-made) plate of pancakes with pecan-maple sauce
James and Brooke will be giving live cooking demonstrations Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Gigi’s Farmer’s Market at The Americana at Brand.MORE NEWS: Caught On Video: Naked Man Burglarizes Bel-Air Home Before Coming Face To Face With Unsuspecting Homeowner
For more information, visit Boxed Goodness online.