STANTON (CBS) — A house in Stanton undergoing a home improvement project exploded in flames Friday injuring six, at least three critically.

Officials outside the home told Stacey Butler, reporting for KCAL9 and CBS2, that cans of gasoline and turpentine exploded after vapors built up near a water heater.

Beatrice Ibarra, the women who rents the home, told Butler that her brother was doing a home improvement project involving removing glue from a carpet.

Ibarra told Butler more than a dozen family members were home at the time of the blast.

At least three victims were sent to UCI Medical Center. Authorities tell  Butler the three critically injured “are clinging to life.”

A family pet, a poodle named Princess, died in the fire.

In all, officials said there were six injuries. The non-critical injuries were described as minor.

The home, in the 10000 block of Sycamore Avenue, is a single-family dwelling.

The fire went to two alarms but was contained.

Comments (7)
  1. c-man says:

    A dozen family members were home in a single family home…A DOZEN. No doubt they are illegals and they will be in the hospital for some time getting FREE medical care payed for by American citizen taxpayers.

    1. NC says:

      Idiot – There were not 12 people living there – family was over, get your facts straight moron!!!

    2. sandy zavaleta says:

      lmao! I’m a family friend of there’s and it’s funny how your quick to judge. first of all, their Americans you dumb ass. second, if u dnt knw nothin then dnt say nothin. she took in some kids that aren’t hers. and third they jus burned their house down and all you can say is FREE come on grow up. your a low life and no one needs ur comments.

  2. tammy says:

    Shame on you.

    1. Wally Wharton says:

      C’mon…. C-Man’s right and you know it.

  3. KC says:

    Praying for the family so sorry to hear such devastating news,

Leave a Reply