LOS ANGELES (AP) — He may be taking a break from work, but Charlie Sheen is still making jokes, including about when his top-rated sitcom might resume production.
“Two And A Half Men” went on hiatus last month after Sheen was briefly hospitalized following a 911 call in which a neighbor said the actor was intoxicated and in pain.
In an interview on “The Dan Patrick Show,” which airs in syndication on radio and on DirecTV, Sheen said he was ready to get back on the set but those in charge of the series weren’t.
He said he tends to “unravel pretty quickly,” so suggested producers should put him to work him now.
Asked about when shooting would resume on “Two and a Half Men,” Sheen said it could be August 2014 at this pace.
CBS and producer Warner Bros. Television declined comment on when production might resume on the Monday night sitcom.
(© Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)