Kathy Griffin On Trump Photo Fallout: ‘He Broke Me’

WOODLAND HILLS (CBSLA.com/AP) —An emotional but resolute Kathy Griffin told a throng of reporters Friday morning in Woodland Hills that she was “standing up” against what she claimed was bullying in the wake of the release of a photo of herself posing with a likeness of President Donald Trump’s severed head.

Griffin apologized for the photo and video but said that “the mob mentality pile-on” that followed inspired her to speak out.

“He broke me,” Griffin said of President Trump. “It’s just not right, and I’ve apologized because that was the right thing to do, and I meant it.”

On Tuesday, Griffin and celebrity photographer Tyler Shields posted a video of Griffin holding a severed, bloody head resembling that of the president. The video showed a straight-faced Griffin slowly lifting the bloody head.

Griffin apologized within hours of the image appearing online. It was met with swift and widespread condemnation.

“I made a mistake, and I was wrong,” she said in a video late Tuesday.

However, Griffin said Friday that she scheduled the news conference because the Trump family, she claimed, was intimidating her in a way never before seen in U.S. history.

Griffin said five upcoming shows have been canceled since the fallout began.

“I don’t think I’ll have a career after this,” she said.

The image prompted CNN to fire Griffin from her decade-long gig hosting a New Year’s Eve special with Anderson Cooper. When asked about the firing, Griffin responded, “There’s a bunch of old white guys trying to silence me, but that’s wrong.”

Griffin alleged that she is under Secret Service investigation for the image. Her attorneys went as far as to say she is under a criminal investigation. Griffin and her attorney, Lisa Bloom, were adamant that here actions were protected under the Constitution.

“You don’t have to like me, but you shouldn’t silence a comic,” Griffin said.

She also suggested the backlash had more to do with her gender than the content of the photo shoot.

“Cut the crap, this wouldn’t be happening to a guy,” she said.

“Kathy has a First Amendment right to make whatever provocative art she chooses,” Bloom said. “Whether or not you get, or like, her artistic expression, Kathy has the right to publicly parody the president.”

Bloom stated that the photo was a “parody of Trump’s own sexist remarks, taken to an extreme,” referring to Trump’s interview with CNN last year regarding anchor Megyn Kelly, in which Trump said Kelly had “blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her… wherever.”

Trump tweeted Wednesday that Griffin “should be ashamed of herself” for posting the images.

“My children, especially my 11 year old son, Barron, are having a hard time with this. Sick!”

Bloom dismissed the idea that Griffin intended to disturb or target Barron or any other children with the photo.

“Comics can say things that are not appropriate for children, comics can create images that are not appropriate for children… She gets to make the comedy and the art that she wants to make and the parents decide what’s appropriate.”

“Nothing in her piece had to do with Barron,” Bloom added.

Meanwhile, Bloom claimed Friday that she has received hate mail for representing Griffin. She posted the following on Twitter prior to Friday’s news conference.

The 56-year-old Griffin has faced controversies before for her abrasive humor, but none as widespread as the one generated by Tuesday’s images.

Shields was not present at the news conference. He posted the following tweet May 26: “Can you go to jail for making an artistic statement??? Asking for a friend… @kathygriffin.”

WATCH the full news conference below.

(© Copyright 2017 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. Another case of “freedom of speech” being interpreted as “freedom of behavior” even if the behavior is gross, crude and incitement for violence.

1. Sam Dennis says:

This is not an issue of ‘Freedom of Speech’…it’s simply a question of stupidity.

1. SPEAKING OF STUPIDITY. You know you are THROUGH…when Al Franken asks you NOT to show up at a public appearance with him !

Franken Asks Kathy Griffin to Not Show for July Event

http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Al-Franken-Kathy-Griffin-severed-head-appology/2017/06/01/id/793698/ via @Newsmax

2. You are toast when, “The View” criticizes you!

3. She apparently doesn’t remember this happening to Michael Richards.

4. Mike Slay says:

Her “comedy” reminds me of a band that plays loud to cover their lack of talent.

2. This isn’t about free speech. Free speech is an issue that government deals in. Like: The government can’t keep you from saying most anything you want short of “Fire” in a movie theater. There is no such thing as free speech in the private sector. An employer or a person slimed by speech or action of a another person has recourse (short of physical harm to person or property): Courts or getting fired or, of course, just ignoring what was said or done. What she did was pretty nasty by any measure. BUT what this whole thing really exhibits is that “C” or “D” list “celebrities” and their place in the entertainment firmament is very precarious. She overstepped her station in the Hollywood pecking order and paid the price.

1. egor52 says:

A thoughtful comment. Certainty people have the right to speak out but can’t pretend that the responses are “unfair”. Certainly I have always viewed this woman as base and crude. Perhaps this may start a movement to shun this type of unimaginative “entertainer” or “artist”.

2. If you closely read the First Amendment you find out that it deals with what Congress can do about things that people say bad about Congress. Yes, you do have the freedom of speech but I also have the freedom to pop you in the mouth when I don’t like what you are saying. Now as to Kathy and Trump. There is a law preventing her from doing such things. And even if the law doesn’t do anything, there isn’t anything she can do about public opinion of her actions. She did that all by herself and now she’s learning that actions and words have their consequences. Freedom of Speech under our Constitution though simply does not apply here.

3. Stan Olson says:

““I don’t think I’ll have a career after this,” she said.” Let’s hope so.

4. It is evident that you KNOW NOTHING about Free Speech. Considering our decade Education System, it is NO SURPRISE that you are ignornant.

What Griffin did was NOT an exercise of Free Speech IN ANY FORM…and she should pay the price for it.

IF SHE WANTS ‘IN YOUR FACE’ COMEDY, SHE IS GETTING IT BACK, TEN FOLD.

2. Need a picture of her bloody head being held up like a trophy. I have no sympathy for this witch (sic).

3. Billy Bob says:

The rodeo clown who wore the Obama mask probably feels the same way. Making bad decisions has consequences.

1. laxmom3 says:

A rodeo clown dressed up like President Bush and the left thought it was funny, laughed and chalked it freedom of expression. A rodeo clown dresses like obama, was vilified, called racist, fired and dropped from the “union.” Still think it’s fair? Liberal hypocrites have no shame.

2. Not even close to the same thing. You libs are pathetic.

4. As we all suspected, she’s not sorry at all!!

1. It’s BACK to the obscure gay club circuit again, which to her is OBLIVION, hopefully and finally.

5. “I don’t think I’ll have a career after this,” she said. — She had a career before this?

6. Never happened before? Ask Michael Richards, (Kramer) One racist outburst to a heckler and his career was over. That’s the way it goes. Actions have consequences.

7. Mike McSween says:

Kathy Griffin’s worst mistake is that she is guilty of Islamic cultural appropriation.

1. BRILLIANT! Expressed in terms to which (only) a liberal can relate.

1. Especially those who live in the Portland Oregon area of Willamette. Over burritos no less. Seems like the folks in that area are trying to out stupid the folks in the Mamie and Orlando part of our nation.

8. Sam Dennis says:

Wonder what would have happened if a conservative Comedian similarly held up an Obama head? Can you guess what Kathy would have said to that? She is insane and her Clintonian Defense is as stupid as Hillary’s!

9. How ridiculous. If anyone ruined her career, it’s herself with this stupid stunt. Yes, there is freedom of speech, but you have to be able to handle the consequences of your speech. “He broke me,” “this wouldn’t be happening to a guy,” etc., are ridiculous statements.

10. Kzar Foster says:

Griffin is no victim. That was a threat. And it is a real threat. She cannot pretend this is free speech and she is obviously not sorry at all. As I see it the corrupt cartel was unable to put their puppet Hillary into office, even though they rigged it, had Obama tell all the illegal aliens to vote, and they counted on WassermannShultz and crew w Podestry/Podesta and Mook, and even getting rid of Seth Rich, but the People of this nation are so sick of them, and their Spirit Dinnering Fool’s errand, selling out of this nation that we overwhelmingly voted for Mr. Trump and his presented ideas. They used this woman to send a message of threat to our President. This is a threat to all of us, bc we want to succeed again, and we know that we are sucked dry by special interests.

11. News Flash: You have no REAL career to ruin. Secondly, stop whining about all of the reasons this is happening to you. Maybe you and Hillary can go on an Excuses Tour together. You both seem to have deluded yourselves into believing none of what happens is your fault. You are, I mean were, nothing but a crude, vulgar activist…not a comedian. As for your gender excuse, go back and remember what happened to Michael Richards. He was infinitely more funny, creative, and talented than you and ONE WORD ended him.

12. Falsk Konto says:

Leftists incapable of accepting It responsibility for their own actions. It was the Russians!

13. LOLOL. Wouldn’t happen to a guy.There’s a bunch of old white guys trying to silence me.

OK, Hillary Lite. Whatever you say.

And watch out for that Russian-made glass ceiling! LOLOL

14. Actions have consequences. You knew EXACTLY what you were doing and now that True AMERICANS speak out against your actions you cry foul! Sorry if you have a policy issue with the PRESIDENT of the United States that you have full right to speak your mind, What you did was beyond funny and now you have to lie in the bed you made.. Not feeling sorry for you one bit.

15. Tom Genin says:

Her husband repeatedly cheated on her, stole her money, she took him back, he did the same thing…..but this “broke” her?

Both revealing and weak.

16. Craig Hobson says:

‘He Broke Me’ What is she twelve? You’re just mentally weak.

17. Tom Thumb says:

Typical liberal, its not my fault, they made me do it, you are discriminating against me. Every time she opened her mouth about Trump it became more and more hateful and violent. Its time to pay the piper, I believe in free speech even if I do not agree with the speech but she crossed that line a long time ago.

18. Tom Genin says:

“Wouldn’t happen to a guy?” Let any guy hold the decapitated bloody head of Hillary in effigy and see how that works out. LOL.

19. Interesting that she needs an attorney to defend her from public opinion. LOL
    Last I heard there was no law saying if you do something stupid there can’t be any public backlash. What an idiot.

20. Tom Genin says:

“Wouldn’t happen to a guy?” Or better yet, a guy dresses up as a Union Soldier circa 1873 and holds up the bloody head of Liz Warren wearing Cherokee headdress in effigy and see how that works out. That would have at least been relevant and funny, despite being way way across the line. Griffin’s ISIS move didn’t seem to have a point other than blowing by the line.

21. Doug Forbes says:

I’m a girl and I’m gonna cry. baawawawawwawaawawwawawa

22. Aaron Smith says:

Its tough being treated like a conservative. Remember the clown(actually a clown) that lost his job for wearing an Obama mask.

23. David Grimes says:

Honey, I’m an old white guy and I am most certainly not trying to silence you. Hell, I think it’s great when you demonstrate how idiotic and unhinged you morons have become.

Just do us all a favor and quit self-identifying as a comedian. That implies that you’re funny.

You ain’t.

24. It is Trump’s right to ruin away after what she did. As they say, don’t poke a stick at a rattle snake. I wouldn’t respect Trump if he DIDN’T go after her.

25. John Walker says:

So basically the argument being made here is she has no accountability for her actions and poor taste because she has a vagina? Yeah that argument really holds water!

26. Charlie Doe says:

Anyone ever hear of this hack before this stunt? Anyone??

1. I’m amazed that they got a letter the day after the event took place. I had no idea the US Postal Service was that efficient? The only thing that makes sense is, THE LAWYER LIED. Hey, it’s what lawyers do. That’s why there are so many good jokes about them. What’s black and brown and looks good on a lawyer? A Doberman.

27. Dusty Rhodes says:

Kathy, you did a stupid thing, you made a bad decision and now you’re paying the price. Grow up and stop playing the girl card. But, if you need more excuses for your downfall, you might check with Hillary. I hear she’s got a pot load she could let you borrow.

1. Hillary also has a pant load….a suit pant load, to be exact.

28. In the fashion of the typical liberal leftist: Griffin plays the “race” card when she is in the wrong.

The Left is so disgusting, it is shameful.

29. Hiram Floss says:

I don’t know why I’m having this vision of a traveling big top show featuring Kathy and Cankles Excuse Tour Extravaganza! They’ll enter the tent to the music of Entry of the Gladiators (probably exiting a tiny car).

30. Linda Cooke says:

The things neither she nor attorney seem to get is that while the Constitution guarantees the right of free speech in this country no where in it does it guaranteed there will be freedom from the consequences of exercising that right. No one has tried to stop her from making that photo and no one is trying to stop her from speaking freely or doing stupid things in the future they’re simply making the choice not to pay her to do so or allow the backlash of her actions to damage them..

31. Zane Thomas says:

It appears Kathy suffers from Hillaryitis…. she did it, but she couldn’t possibly be responsible for it.

32. You have a right to free speech, but you do not have a right to have everyone like it.

33. Charlie Doe says:

The real tragedy is that her ad promoting “The Squatty Potty” has been pulled!!!!!

34. Jim Morrison says:

Hiring Lisa Bloom as her lawyer is her second mistake.
    Hollywood needs to do to Kathy Griffin what the Rodeo Business did to the Obama Rodeo Clown

35. Stu Pedasso says:

Life is tough. It’s tougher if you’re stupid.

36. Kathy Griffin….the wrinkled face of stupidity.

37. Charlie Doe says:

I’m confused… I thought standuptobullies was LAST years hastag.

38. What kind of sick person spends time coming up with the idea of creating a fake head of the President, covering it with fake blood, hiring a professional photographer to photograph her holding it ISIS style, and then cries that she is somehow the victim afterwards? Instead of hiring a lawyer, Kathy Griffin needed to hire a psychiatrist.

39. “I don’t think I’ll have a career after this,”

WRONG!!!

You didn’t have a career before this either.

40. Tom Heidel says:

Karma can be a 8itch. I haven’t heard anything about the government taking away her right to free speech. I can see where the Secret Service may want to dig into her boxers a bit though.

Nothing about the 1st Amendment says you cannot suffer consequences for the free speech that your partake in.

It also doesn’t say that”wanna be” comedians cannot have their shows canceled if they say stupid things.

It only says no law shall be passed to infringe on free speech.

41. “It wasn’t me…. My neighbor’s dog told me to do it.”

42. O.M.G. She just doesn’t GET IT, does she? Stop the victim role; this has nothing to do with “white men.” This has to do with everyone with a sense of decency in this country…and Kathy Griffin, you are not counted as a member of the group.

43. Mike Burns says:

In the infamous moment, Michael Richards — aka Seinfeld’s Kramer had a racist exchange with someone in the audience while performing at Hollywood’s Laugh Factory, repeatedly saying “F—k you, n—.” He soon apologized during the Late Show With David Letterman, but the damage to his career had already been done.

44. American womyn are disgusting Jezebels. Thanks feminazi’ism.

45. Matt Otsuka says:

Waaaa.. President Trump is a Meeenie– Now my pants are all Poopie– Waaaaahhhh… 😦 I want reparations!!

46. Matt Otsuka says:

So funneee… The Nastier these Bitter LibTurds get the more Popular President Trump becomes!!

47. Matt Otsuka says:

Just in Al Frankenstein has just dis-invited Kathee from appearing with– LOL!! 😉

48. She makes a death threat to the president and claims to be the victim?

49. Jim Padgett says:

YOUR holding HIS bloody severed head, define bullying. Typical Leftist, ALL shame and NO Guilt.

50. Lars Flynt says:

3 words…Andrew Dice Clay!

51. Jack Riley says:

Typical liberal. Blaming others for her actions.

52. She’s sleeping in her own urine-stained bed. I will appear at every show she does on the West Coast to heckle the people who are lame enough to think this sad excuse of a woman is a funny or human. Die broke you Z-Lister

53. She’s barely a human being, rather a disgraceful whiney liberal troll creep. She deserves the most vile backlash imaginable. Kathy Griffin = Death. She thinks beheadings are comedy?????

54. She broke herself, and that wasn’t an apology. If she had said “I’m sorry to president Trump and his family…” it might have gone a lot better for her.

55. Robb Cochran says:

Griffin, for her part, said she “would never want to hurt anyone, especially a child.”

From two weeks ago; “…I’m happy to deliver [a] beat down to Donald Trump — and also to Barron,” Griffin said, according to Vulture. “You know a lot of comics are going to go hard for Donald, my edge is that I’ll go direct for Barron. I’m going to get in ahead of the game.”

Sick turd

56. Dim’s are very accustomed to saying and doing the most vile and twisted things, and suffering no consequences, other than to say, “I’m so sorry.” Well, those days are OVER, and I fully expect some strong physical actions! The gutless Rino’s are no longer in charge!!

57. “What’s happening to me has never happened, ever, in the history of this great country,” Griffin said. “Which is that a sitting president of the United States, and his grown children, and the First Lady, are personally, I feel, personally, trying to ruin my life forever.”

Saying the Trump family is ruining her life by responding to her disgusting stunt is absurd! What were they supposed to say? She’s completely out of line and playing the victim here, she chose to do this on her own, it was vile and can hardly be considered art in any way. It was a gruesome political statement about the mentality of the progressive left.

Is this really what the face of the democratic party has become? How can anyone align themselves with such cruel and vile behavior. I hope she and her seditious “artistic” group get arrested for threatening the President of the United States. If they want to emulate terrorists then let them be treated like terrorists.

58. “Wouldn’t be happening to a guy” She is right… a guy would be in jail awaiting trial by now.

59. Craig Buck says:

Being forgiven does not mean there are no consequences. Too many people confuse forgiveness with a free pass. That confusion makes it hard for people to be forgiving and it emboldens those who think a simple “sorry” releases them of all consequences.

60. Those tears were faker than barbie. She should be lobotomized immediately.

61. How many times do we have to see a celeb showing the killing of the president? How many times have we seen these “elites” incite violence towards the president and people that agree with him. Haven’t we seen enough violence from the left over the last few years. I don’t believe this is a victimless crime. Review U.S. Code › Title 18 › Part I › Chapter 115 › § 2385
    …Whoever, with intent to cause the overthrow or destruction of any such government, prints, publishes, edits, issues, circulates, sells, distributes, or publicly displays any written or printed matter advocating, advising, or teaching the duty, necessity, desirability, or propriety of overthrowing or destroying any government in the United States by force or violence, or attempts to do so;

62. “So I’m happy to deliver beat down to Donald Trump — and also to Barron. You know a lot of comics are going to go hard for Donald, my edge is that I’ll go direct for Barron. I’m going to get in ahead of the game.” — Kathy Griffen, Dec. 9, 2016

Link ===> http://tinyurl.com/yap8b2w7

63. All Most says:

“Wouldn’t be happening to a guy”. Tell that to Dinesh D’Sousa whom Obama had thrown in jail for a minor crime that no one else has ever been jailed for. The female victim card has become as passe as the race card.

64. E. Wohner says:

Wow! According to the “victim”, CNN and Trump finally agree on something. “You’re fired!”

65. I know a few countries where this bytch could go and get her head chopped off…for real.

1. P.S. I will even pay for the ticket for her to go there.

66. The poor, bullied dbag. She’s a victim in so many ways, as a comic, as a woman, as a liberal, and her lawyer is a victim of hate mail. The worst part is that even after she apologized, she continues to be harassed and berated. Don’t the conservative, right-wing, redneck rubes know that an apology from a liberal/progressive is supposed to be enough to make everything go away, including the most vile and disgusting things? The rubes even want her punished. All they do is hate, hate, hate.

67. Unfortunately Evil Wicked words and deeds are hard to retrieve …they take on a life of their own …Don’t put them into play in the first place and you won’t have to worry about retrieving them ….! …or Trump family push back …. I likely would have considered a law suit such were directed at me …

68. Oh please, this has nothing to do with your gender. Not many people are happy with the photographer either. If I didn’t know who Kathy Griffin was I would have sworn it was a Millenial. “Oh boo hoo, it’s not my fault, I can’t be held accountable for my actions. MISOGNY! SEXISM! RACISM!”

69. Sue Kelley says:

The best thing happened to me today! I was going to Google this boob to see what vile thing she might have done today and for the life of me I COULDN’T REMEMBER HER NAME!

70. Jack White says:

Hmmm.. Where have I heard this theme before… oh yea: Killary Rodham Dilton…

71. Gene German says:

Just move. I hear Kenya is nice.

72. After this pathetic news conference she expects her career to make a comeback? That apology of hers was simply an attempt at damage control. If ever there was a chance of her apology falling on sympathetic ears, it’s gone now. It’s time for Griffin to commiserate with Hillary on the woes they face in such a cruel world. Yeah, boo-hoo!

73. Paul Fries says:

“This wouldn’t be happening to me if I were a guy” -Kathy Griffin

Michael Richards would like to have a word with you…

74. Kathy is not going to jail, she doesn’t need to worry about that. Her right to free speech remains, her right to zero consequences never existed. The targets she has standing to sue are CNN and her concert venues.

75. How clever! She turns around a stupid mistake and cashes in on being a victim. Relax Kathy, no matter what you do, the public will forgive you for it. The public will never forgive Donald Trump for running against a Democrat and winning.

76. “the mob mentality pile-on”…oh, you mean like liberals…?

as for Lisa Bloom saying “I am the storm”…beyond arrogant. Wait’ll she gets a load of the devil in person in eternal fire…

77. The Secret Service needs to investigate Lisa Bloom as well. Welcome to the ” I am sorry ,but I am not tour “…it was everybody else s fault BUT my fault. Also an awkward interview to start your sordid comedy tour and then to plead for respect & forgiveness. You don’t know when to shut the hell up. What Lisa & you spewed during this press conferance makes you look worse, YOU deserve & have earned to be fired. I hope the Secret Service throws the book at you.

1. I was always under the impression that De Nile is a river in Egypt. She should go live there. I am certain she would be happy.

78. Actions have consequences. Typical Leftist “It’s everyone else’s fault” She sent her vile behavior to the world and the world reacted. Now she plays victim. She’s as low as you can get. Her humor has always been based in hate.

79. James Blome says:

She forgot about Gilbert Gottfried

80. Scotty Gunn says:

A lot of us hated Obama, but we were civil about his 8 years of office. His kids and wife were off limits,too. None of liked over the top cheap shots at him, either. Fair is fair, there are unwritten rules.
    Now that Trump is in, and the Left despises him, all is fair and open game. The Media (far left) controls the news and tries to manipulate opinion.
    Kathy, Trump is not bullying you, America is. You went too far. You should have apologized to Trump and his family. Now you cry and blame others and pretend to be a victim. This makes us dislike you even more. You don’t have an ounce of integrity in you……a year from now no one will even remember you.

81. She said this wouldn’t happen to a guy? I remember a guy going to prison for suggesting harm to our last president.

82. Mark Meyer says:

Griffin has been unfunny for the last decade. Typical narcissistic Hollywood loon.

83. Gal Murphy says:

There is so much wrong with what is going on from her holding a beheaded display and now plays the victim with the tears when she didn’t give a flying fig about what SHE was doing before…now it’s “oh, everyone is a bully”, “I might not have a career”…but she thought this stunt would boost her career or she wouldn’t have done it. Then on to Lisa Bloom, ignorant fool ambulance chaser with a big billboard behind them – talk about grandstanding on someone’s fall from grace in Hollywood! The only silver lining is they deserve each other.

84. Wes Phelan says:

Rule #1..When its all going down against you, play the victim.

Gin up some more tears. Maybe someone will believe you

85. Kathy Griffin quote from DECEMBER 2016, “I’m happy to deliver beat down to Donald Trump — and also to Barron. You know a lot of comics are going to go hard for Donald, my edge is that I’ll go direct for Barron. I’m going to get in ahead of the game,” —- the skank PLANNED and PREMEDITATED targeting the kid!

1. Oh what a brave sole she is. 50 something terrorizing an 11 year-old boy all because she doesn’t like his Daddy. Really brave Kathy, Really smart. For that line of thinking alone you should be imprisoned for the remainder of your life. You think the Trumps are bullying you? What did you do to their son? You did it with cunning and premeditation. I don’t wish you dead, like you did Trump but I do wish you behind bars for the remainder of your days.

86. Wouldnt happen to a guy? Um, ask Michael Richards if it would happen to a guy.

87. Bullying is something that bullies do to people they perceive as weak without regard for that person’s behavior. Shaming is what happens to people who take inappropriate action. It is a consequence of action. Kathy Griffin is being shamed for her behavior, not bullied for say, a bad hair dye job or oooooooold cosmetic surgery(ies).

88. Bill Smith says:

WaaaaaaaaaaaaWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…he broke me ..WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa…he`s a bully….WaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaWaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

89. Freedom of speech does not protect you from the fallout of that speech. ie people spending $$ on you.

90. She used the image of dead ISIS victims as a means of furthering her career…and then expects the public to laud her for it? What do you bet her “artistic” photo finds its way into Jihadist propaganda, to be used as some kind of twisted justification? And that’s totally aside from the fact that is wasn’t funny, smart, or at ALL appropriate. Also, and as a woman I resent her trying to use the “woman card” to claim victimhood for herself…disgusting.

91. Kathy, what does an “older white guy” have anything to do with it. You threatened the president, YOU MORON!!! Back to Identity Politicking I guess… Thast why Libs lost the election, Idiot!

92. Oh and one other thing Kathy,

You are a racist engaged in HATE SPEECH because you mentioned he is “white”.

You are a sexist because you mentioned his gender “guy”.

You are an age discriminator because you referred to his age “older”.

You are an effin loser who, like Hillary, blames everyone but herself for being a MISERABLE PIECE OF HUMAN debris. Take responsibility for your poor judgement.

93. Kathy is a sick person. It’s not the white guys, (By the way, how offensive is this?) nor any other person but herself. She is a sick person who needs to pay for her choice of criminal expressions. Jail and mental assistance Please !!!!!

94. Susan Vue says:

Threatening the President of the USA? She deserves at least 9- days in prison.

95. Grizz Mann says:

Kathy, you are not being treated any differently than a man. That is like the prostitute in the maternity ward, laboring under a misconception. You live in a world of make believe.

96. TK Stoke says:

Looks like Trump is 2 for 2 first he broke Hillary now Kathy. MAGA.

97. Your apology is underwhelming. You said no other comedienne has faced what you are now. Well, no other comedienne has held up a bloody severed head mock-up of the president. Now, you are trying to spin it by bringing Trump and others into it. Clearly, your attorney Ms. Bloom turned it into political.pulpit to the point of absurdity. There is no excuse for what you did. I didn’t think of Ms. Kelley and Trump’s remarks about her then I saw the photo, my first thought was of Isis and its beheadings. You brought this on yourself and now you play the victim card? There is no justifying your actions.

98. No Kathy, he (Trump) didn’t break you. You did that all by yourself. And don’t flatter yourself, even if you were a man the heat would be on you. You are worth nothing more than a female pig. The difference is that a pig has value whereas you aren’t worth anything. You did all of that to yourself and no one else did it to you.

99. Fiery Blue says:

Maybe Kathy needs to learn how to be a real feminist and a real grownup, take responsibility for her grotesque mistake and quit blaming misogyny.

Can you even imagine a guy having done something like this, like holding up a bloody head of Hillary, and then weeping and blaming it on white women because he was roundly and rightly criticized for it??

Please just go away.

100. Tom Thomason says:

There’s an old saying; When you find yourself in a hole, quit digging.

101. “This wouldn’t happen to a guy?” Tell that to Gilbert Gottfried and Michael Richards (“Kramer”)

102. Don’t watch CNN, never heard of her before the bloody head photo. Now the woman hired a Femi-nazi man hating lawyer to alibi her and blames white males for the big mouth and poor judgment! President Trump is at fault for her stupidity? Glad I know who she is, now I know who to boycott in Las Vegas. Freedom of speech has its consequences, now live with it sweetheart!

103. John Cochran says:

Wouldn’t happen to a guy? Excuse me? I thought Kathy Griffin WAS a guy

104. philthy07 says:

So just to recap the week, Stock market up, liberals down, many in tears. Yep, sounds like a good week.

105. “They have ruined my career”…you deserve it. “It wouldn’t happen to a guy”, no, he would be in a hospital bed.

106. Philthy07 You forgot that Trump got us out of the Paris Climate Accord. That made it a really good week.

107. It is clear that she is a victim “White male America” in all of this. This would never happen to a white male, especially one who is old, conservative, or especially a Christian. Any person who denies this is a delusional imbecile. All you need to prove this is look at all the hundreds of times recently that famous white males have held bloodied decapitated heads of The President of the United States in front of cameras. Every time that they do this, everyone just realizes its a funny joke.