Airport Workers Sentenced In LAX Dry Ice Bomb Case
LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Two airport employees charged with setting off dry ice bombs at LAX last year were sentenced Friday, the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s office said in a statement.
L.A. County Superior Court Judge James Dabney sentenced Dicarlo Bennett and Miguel Angel Iñiguez to three years probation and 480 hours of community service, the statement said.
Bennett, 29, and 41-year-old Iñiguez received their sentence after pleading no contest to one felony count of possession of a destructive device.
The felony count stems from an Oct. 13, 2013, incident at LAX in which three explosive devices were placed near terminals, according to the statement.
Two of the three devices exploded, authorities said.