LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — A judge has reduced bail for two airport workers charged with setting off dry ice bombs at LAX earlier this month.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Keith Schwartz agreed to reduce Dicarlo Bennett’s bail from $1 million to $300,000, according to Deputy District Attorney Sean Carney.
The 28-year-old Servisair employee is charged with two felony counts of possession of a destructive device in a public place following the October 13 incident.
Bail for Bennett’s co-defendant and supervisor, Miguel Angel Iniguez, was also lowered from $500,000 to $100,000, Carney said.
The 41-year-old, from Inglewood, is charged with one felony count of possession of a destructive device near an airplane.
Investigators say Bennett placed two dry ice bombs near the airport’s terminals. One exploded in an employee bathroom, but the other didn’t detonate, according to prosecutors.
Police said Bennett claimed he came up with the idea as a prank.
Iniguez is accused of making a third dry ice bomb that went off outside the Tom Bradley International Terminal.
No one was injured in any of the incidents.
City News Service reports both men remained in jail Wednesday afternoon.
Bennett and Iniguez are scheduled to appear in court November 7, when a hearing date will be set to determine if there is enough evidence for the men to stand trial.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)