There are many reasons to plan a romantic getaway, including celebrating an anniversary or just needing a weekend away together. No matter what your reasons are for wanting a romantic getaway, there is nothing worse than arriving at your destination only to discover you forgot something at home. Here are some tips to help you prepare for your upcoming romantic getaway, including what to pack and how to pack it efficiently.
Unless you are planning a getaway at a nudist colony, you already know to pack standard items, such as clothing, underwear, deodorant, toothpaste, toothbrush, hairbrush, g, conditioner, hairspray, curling iron and so on. To help reduce the amount of clothing you bring, be creative when putting together your outfits. Try to find outfits that will work during both the day and night. Remember, a simple T-shirt and a pair of jeans can be dressed up with the right jewelry and accessories, including belts, scarves and vests. Since you already know how important the above clothing and toiletries are, it is important to focus on the additional items that will help heat things up during your romantic getaway. Here are some suggested items to pack and why they will come in handy while enjoying a romantic getaway together.
- Massage oils: End the day by relaxing and taking turns giving each other a massage.
- Romantic music: Help set the mood by bringing both of your favorite romantic tunes.
- Perfume and makeup: Just because you are planning to relax does not mean you cannot make yourself smell and look nice. Pack his favorite perfume and tease him all weekend by wearing it every time you leave the room.
- Dressy attire: Plan at least once night for the two of you to get out of the room and enjoy a formal, romantic dinner at a local restaurant.
- Books: There is nothing more romantic than waking up with nothing to do. A book will help you relax and keep you occupied while your significant other sleeps in or takes a long shower.
- Snacks: Finger foods are great to have with you in your room, especially if you plan to lock yourself in it when staying at a bed and breakfast. Suggested foods include grapes, bread, cheese, strawberries and a bottle of wine or champagne.
- Gifts: Surprise your loved one with a gift. Suggested gifts include their favorite movie, perfume or a piece of jewelry.
- Candles: Turn off the lights and set the mood with some candlelight.
- Camera: You will want to remember your getaway. Bring a camera and take pictures when you are out exploring the town.
- Bottle of bubble bath: Fill the tub and enjoy a romantic bubble bath for two.
- Bathrobes: Step out of your bubble bath and put nothing on but a fluffy robe.
- Lingerie: You know why you need this. You may also want to pack warmer pajamas for snuggling when sleeping.
- Playing cards: Play a game of strip poker or other card game to pass the time.
- Swimwear: Pack a suit just in case you plan to go swimming. A midnight dip in the pool is extremely romantic.
It is also a good idea to pack a small medical kit to take with. Include basic items such as antibiotic cream, pain reliever, band aids, birth control, bug repellent, extra contacts, anti-diarrhea medication and any prescription medications either of you will need.
Tips On How To Pack
Make a list of what you need to bring with you. Divide your packing list into three categories – his, hers and ours. To help make sure you do not forget anything on the list, cross things off when you have them in the suitcase and ready to go. Your packing list will help you stay organized and ensure nothing gets left behind. Remember to take a copy of the packing list with you so you don’t forget anything in the room when checking out. When packing items, use one larger suitcase to pack a majority of your items together, such as clothing and toiletries. Then use smaller carry-on bags for personal items or surprises you do not want the other one to see. Each one of you will be responsible for your own smaller bag. Use plastic zip-locking bags to pack anything liquid to prevent anything from leaking and getting onto everything else in your suitcase. Having everything you need packed and ready to go will be very beneficial when traveling on a romantic getaway. This will prevent you from having to waste time looking for a local store (which may be difficult if you have never traveled to this destination before) just to buy an item or two that was left out of your suitcase. Having everything you need will ensure you are able to immediately start your romantic getaway the minute you two arrive at your destination.