(Credit: Sawdust Art Festival)
This summer, the 51st annual season of the Sawdust Art Festival in Laguna Beach begins again for local Orange County and Los Angeles residents to enjoy! Opening on June 30th, the Festival will be open daily from 10am to 10pm daily until September 3, 2017 in Laguna Beach. Setup as a non-profit, the Sawdust Art Festival is an organization dedicated to educating the public about art created in and around Laguna Beach.
Each year, The Sawdust Festival draws more than 200,000 people to Laguna Beach. Visitors can browse art from hundreds of Laguna Beach artists, admire their creations and shop great art. Their handmade artwork will include several mediums such as jewelry, woodwork, sculpture, painting, photography, textiles, mixed media and more. Glass work will be a big hit during the festival thanks to the glass-blowing enclosure, where artists will perform their craft at the furnace while visitors see beautiful pieces come to life before their eyes.
The Sawdust Art Festival
935 Laguna Canyon Road
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
Dates: June 30, 2017 – September 3, 2017
What To See
The Sawdust Festival will feature a full lineup of live entertainment, art demonstrations, classes, and outdoor cafes set in their great eucalyptus grove. As in other years, it’s sure to be one of your summer highlights!
Those who love art, including enthusiasts, collectors, and as well as novice artists frequent this Festival each year. Since it opened in 1966, the Festival has offered a great mix of fine art and crafts. Visitors will also get to view artist demonstrations, and shop hand-blown and fused glass, paintings, jewelry, surf art, ceramics, clothing and textiles, wood and metal sculptures, scrimshaw, photographs and much more. There are Sawdust art classes as well each Friday and Saturday from 10am to 2pm where you can hone in on your talent.
Food & Drink
As in previous years, guests will get to enjoy great food and drinks as they browse the Festival grounds. Participating vendors include:
- Deb’s Deli – Sandwiches, wraps, gourmet salads, onion rings, fresh fruit smoothies, frozen yogurt and more
- Sawdust Saloon – Cold beer selections, wine, and other libations
- Espresso on the Go – Great coffee and an assortment of gourmet pastries and bagels
- Fran’s Popcorn – Fresh kettle corn, ice cream, candy and more
- Tacos Durrell – Delicious tacos, burritos, fresh salsas, nachos, taquitos, and more
- GG’s Mediterranean Express – Mediterranean appetizers, salads, soups, pita sandwiches, kabobs, burgers, fries and more
- Evan’s Gourmet Bistro – Fresh, organic and gourmet specialties, including sandwiches and more