The state Attorney General’s Office said Friday it would appeal a judge’s decision removing the Orange County District Attorney’s Office from the case of Scott Dekraai, who has been charged in the worst mass killing in the county’s history.
A judge has removed the Orange County District Attorney’s Office from the Seal Beach mass shooting case following a misconduct trial.
In an Orange County courtroom, attorneys have dueled for a year over allegations that authorities misused jailhouse informants, hid evidence and lied on the witness stand.
Leonel Vega, 34, pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter and was sentenced to 15 years in prison in the shooting death of 17-year-old Giovani Onofre.
An Orange County judge ruled on Monday that prosecutors could not use statements made in jail by convicted mass killer Scott Dekraai during the penalty phase of his trial.
Profits from a fundraiser in Seal Beach Saturday will go towards constructing a memorial honoring the victims of the Salon Meritage tragedy.
An Orange County judge has tossed a murder conviction because evidence from a jail informant wasn’t turned over to the defense.
Scott Dekraai, the man charged with the worst mass killing in Orange County’s history, pleaded guilty Friday to eight counts of murder.
Scott Dekraai, 44, had been locked in a custody dispute with his ex-wife over their-8-year-old son before he strapped on a bulletproof vest, took three guns and entered Salon Meritage in 2011, police said.
Prosecutors said in a court hearing Tuesday that they will no longer use secretly recorded statements to a jailhouse informant from a man charged with killing eight people in a 2011 rampage at a Southern California hair salon.
The man accused of killing eight people at a Seal Beach hair salon in 2011 will have his trial split into two parts.
An Orange County court on Tuesday began hearing evidence on allegations that authorities used jailhouse informants in high-profile murder and gang-crime cases in violation of the suspects’ constitutional rights.
The trial of the man accused of killing eight people at a Seal Beach beauty salon nearly two years ago has been delayed to early next year.
As news of the Connecticut school shooting reached Paul Wilson Friday the Seal Beach resident was immediately reminded of the salon massacre that changed his life forever.
A hair salon that was the scene of Orange County’s deadliest mass shooting reopened on Sunday.