Murder charges were still pending Wednesday in the fatal shooting of Daniel Crespo, the mayor of Bell Gardens.
A New York City fire captain has been charged with sexually molesting two boys while visiting the Southland earlier this month.
A veteran Los Angeles deputy city attorney pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges that he distributed and was in possession of child pornography.
KCAL9’s Jeff Nguyen reports the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office has now charged the teenagers one count of conspiracy to commit murder and a one count of conspiracy to commit assault with a deadly weapon.
The district attorney’s office says 30-year-old Danny Fis pleaded no contest to one count each of animal cruelty and unlawful driving or taking of a vehicle and was sentenced Tuesday to 16 months in prison.
A charge evaluation worksheet made public Wednesday said there was “insufficient evidence” to charge Deputy Andrew Wood with vehicular manslaughter.
Officer In Freeway Beating Video Could Face ‘Serious Charges’ As CHP Forwards Investigation To DA’s Office
The officer seen in a video punching a woman along the 10 Freeway in July could face “potentially serious charges” as the California Highway Patrol forwards its investigation Wednesday to the Los Angeles District Attorney’s Office.
Jonathan Koppenhaver – aka “War Machine” – is accused of brutally beating his porn star girlfriend in Las Vegas and then fleeing to Simi Valley.
Four teenagers – two of whom are being prosecuted as adults – pleaded not guilty Tuesday to murder charges stemming from the deadly assault of USC graduate student from China last month.
Singer Justin Bieber has pleaded no contest to vandalism for egging his former neighbor’s home, according to Los Angeles District Attorney Jackie Lacey.
Gov. Jerry Brown signed AB2683 on Tuesday, repealing a law that made it a misdemeanor to disobey a judge’s order to stay off electronic devices during a trial.
The matter was referred to the Los Angeles City Attorney’s Office for possible misdemeanor prosecution.
Attorneys for a former Orange County public official accused of sexually abusing female employees said Tuesday the trial involving their client is “a waste of taxpayer money and time”.
A civil lawsuit has been dropped against a former Disney TV executive accused of sexual assault.
Prosecutors declined Wednesday to file charges against a driver for a ride-share company who was arrested on suspicion of kidnapping a woman and taking her to a Panorama City motel.