A witness reported seeing the teenager running naked down the alley with her mouth taped shut, her hands bound and her body dripping with gasoline.
Commander Andrew Smith identified Robert Ransom as a suspect in the case, and says the facts surrounding the girl’s attempted abduction last month are startlingly similar to two other recent cases.
Standing in front of what remains of the charred building in the 1700 block of West Cumbre Drive, Joe Buscaino promised to “hunt down” the person responsible.
A former Southern California fire chief has pleaded no contest to stealing more than $300,000 of radio equipment to sell on eBay and setting a fire in a bungled attempt to hide the theft.
Authorities said Thursday that five people accused in the beating death of a 60-year-old Long Beach man have pleaded not guilty.
The two-alarm fire was reported at 2 a.m. in the 10700 block of Paramount Boulevard, near 5th Street, the Downey Fire Department said.
An arson investigation was underway Wednesday after two homes under construction caught fire overnight.
Authorities have offered a reward to help nab an arson suspect who torched a mobile phone store in San Bernardino.
The man’s wife and child were killed last week in a South LA garage fire that police have called suspicious. They’re calling the fire a possible murder and case of arson.
Authorities say a 30-year-old man was sentenced Friday to 28 years to life in prison for stabbing his grandmother to death before setting her home ablaze in 2009.
A man was arrested Thursday following a bizarre vandalism spree in Covina.
A string of possibly deliberately set vehicle and trash fires in and around the Echo Park area over the past week are being investigated by Los Angeles arson investigators.
A Southern California man who was convicted of arson 25 years ago has pleaded not guilty to setting nine more fires — including one that damaged two homes.
Santa Monica police have arrested a homeless man on suspicion of setting at least 10 fires that damaged three apartment buildings.
Two men pleaded not guilty Wednesday to charges of setting a house on fire on New Year’s Eve in Pasadena, about a mile from the route of the Tournament of Roses Parade.