The Home Depot Center has been one of the most comprehensive athletic facilities since its opening in June of 2003. The 125-acre venue located on the campus of California State University, Dominguez Hills in Carson, California, is home to some of the best American athletes. This elite training facility has partnered with the United States Olympic Committee to become an “Official U.S. Olympic Training Site”. Its training facilities are utilized by the U.S. Soccer Federation’s (USSF) national team, the United States Tennis Association (USTA), USA Cycling and USA Track & Field.
The Home Depot Center offers sports fans an array of athletic competitions to enjoy. Fans of all ages can catch MLS fever and attend Los Angeles Galaxy and Chivas USA home matches at the soccer stadium. Its tennis stadium has been host to the LA Women’s Tennis Championships. For those with a need for speed, the facility’s velodrome and track & field frequently showcase some of the world’s fastest athletes.
• Via 110 Freeway South (from Downtown L.A., Pasadena, Glendale, Burbank areas)
• Via 110 Freeway North (from San Pedro and Palos Verdes areas)
• Via 405 Freeway South (from LAX, Santa Monica, West L.A., San Fernando Valley)
• Via 405 Freeway North (from Long Beach, Orange County)
• Via 91 Freeway West (from East L.A. County, North Orange County and Inland Empire)
• Via Artesia Blvd. (SR-91 Freeway East) (from Beach Cities)
Getting Here: Bus Routes and Rail Lines
There are several options available when taking public transportation to The Home Depot Center. Please visit socaltransport.org to find available bus routes and rail lines.
• Enter your starting address and enter 18400 Avalon Blvd., Carson, 90746 as the ending address. (You’ll be asked to confirm 18400 Avalon Blvd., Carson, 90747 as the destination address. Although the correct zip code for the stadium is 90746, the website will return routes to our stadium with the 90747 zip code.)
• Enter any additional search criteria for your route as directed.
• A list of bus/rail options is displayed.
Getting Here: Los Angeles MTA
Metro rail and bus services are provided by the Los Angeles Metropolitan Transportation Authority. If you have questions about available services, please visit mta.net or call 1-800-COMMUTE (1-800-266-6883).
Drop Off/Pick Up Location
Guests may be dropped-off and picked-up at The Home Depot Center at Gate A, located off of Avalon Blvd., between University Ave. and Victoria. Guests will see a sign posted on the far right of the inbound lane to Gate A for drop-off and pick-ups. Guests may also find cabs at this location before and after an event.
For specific parking instructions, visit the Directions/Parking page on The Home Depot Center Web site.
• Carson Circuit Transit (310) 352-3250
• Torrance Transit (800) 266-6883
• Compton Renaissance Transit (310) 537-7650
• South Bay Yellow Cab (877) 933-3364
Entrance Rules and Regulations
Prohibited items include the following:
• Drums sticks
• Food, alcohol, etc.
• Noisemakers, whistles, air horns, musical instruments (plastic horns vary per event)
• Glass bottles, metal cans, etc.
• Professional camera equipment, video cameras, tripods, etc.
• Animals (except service animals)
• Weapons, explosives, pepper spray, tear gas, etc.
• Fireworks, slingshots, smoke bombs, laser pointers, etc.
• Large bags, large backpacks, suitcases, briefcases, beach bags, etc.
• Water guns, toy / replica weapons, squirt bottles, soap bubbles, etc.
• Beach balls, frisbees, balloons, brooms, skateboards, roller blades, skates, etc.
• Flags / Signs larger than 3′ x 4′.
• Sticks, poles, rods, drum sticks.
• Confetti or streamers
*For a comprehensive list of rules and regulations visit, Home Depot Event Policies page.
The Home Depot Center is a disability-friendly facility providing gates, restrooms, suites, ticket windows, drinking fountains, concession counters and seating areas to those with special needs.
Wheelchair escorts are readily available without cost at all entry points. Guests may contact the escorting services ahead of time at (310) 630-2055. The escorts won’t stay with you for the entirety of the event and neither will the wheelchair.
Trained service animals or those in the process of being trained are allowed in The Home Depot Center.
If one’s service animal compromises guest or employee safety, it will have to be removed.
Re-entry permission is granted to guests who transport a service animal to an animal relief area. The Guest Services Manager must be notified beforehand.
Sign Language Interpretation
Unfortunately, a sign language interpretation service is not provided, but basic communication devices are available at Guest Services.
MLS Soccer Stadium
The best place to catch soccer fever? The MLS Soccer Stadium, which provides home-field advantage for the 2005 MLS Champs LA Galaxy and the Chivas USA.
With a 27,000-seat capacity, 10 soccer training fields, 42 luxury suites plus 6 event suites and 1,500 club seats, it is the ultimate soccer viewing experience.
Founded in 1995, the Los Angeles Galaxy (L.A. Galaxy) is spearheaded by Team USA star Landon Donovan and world-renowned superstar David Beckham. Their decorated accomplishments include two MLS Cups (2002, 2005) and two U.S. Open Cup Championships (2001, 2005). With one of the most recognizable brands in the MLS, the Galaxy are a force to be reckoned with.
Founded in 2004, the Club Deportivo Chivas USA (Chivas USA) is an up-and-coming team, which has made the quarterfinals each of the last four years.
What do Venus and Serena Williams, Kim Clijsters and Maria Sharapova all share in common despite being great tennis players? They have all played at the 8,000-seat Home Depot Center tennis stadium during the LA Women’s Tennis Championships (2003-2009).
Professional boxing and now an upcoming WNBA Los Angeles Spark’s basketball game will be added to the tennis stadium’s repertoire this summer.
Home Depot Velodrome
The Velodrome is “the first and only permanent indoor track of international standard in North America.” Whether you like watching the best in cycling or the next stars peddle their way to greatness, don’t miss out on the USA professional and junior cycling championships, which are held here at the 100,000 square foot Velodrome. The facility truly is second to none.
For more information on past and upcoming events and results, please visit LAVelodrome.org.
Track & Field Facility
The Home Depot Track & Field Invitational on June 1, 2003 was the Home Depot Center’s inaugural event. Since then, the baton has been passed every year during the newly renamed Adidas Track Classic.
3. Tickets/Box Office Information
• The Box Office at The Home Depot Center is open Monday – Friday from 10:00am to 6:00pm and on event days. The Main Box Office is located off of the main entrance at Avalon and 184th Streets. The Box Office phone is 310-630-2020.
• Children under two years old are allowed in, but they must sit in the laps of their caregivers.
• Cash, Visa, Mastercard and American Express are accepted at The Home Depot Center Box Office.
• General Information – 310-630-2020
• L.A. Galaxy Tickets – 877-3GALAXY
• Groups of 15 or more (L.A. Galaxy or L.A. Riptide games) – 877-AEG-TICKETS (877-234-8425)
• CD Chivas USA Tickets – 877-CHIVAS-1
• Los Angeles Sol Tickets – 877-4-SOL-TIX (476-5849)
Will Call Information
• Will call may be picked up at the main Box Office (the Southwest Box Office) at The Home Depot Center on the day of the event.
• The main Box Office (Southwest Box Office) is located off of the main entrance at Avalon and 184th Streets.
• During Chivas USA and Galaxy events, the Box Office is open until half time.
To purchase tickets for an event at the soccer or tennis stadium and/or track & field facility visit ticketmaster.com.
For group tickets information, please call 877-AEG-TICKETS (877-234-8425) or visit aegtickets.com.
For information about purchasing a Luxury Suite, Event Suite or Club Seats, please call 877-604-8777.
For more information on Home Depot Center Velodrome past and upcoming events and results, please visit lavelodrome.org.
For up-to-the-date tickets to all HomeDepot Center events, click here.
Interactive soccer stadium seating map can be accessed here.
Interactive tennis stadium seating map can be accessed here.
Home Depot Center Velodrome seating map can be accessed here.
Track & Field Stadium seating map can be accessed here.
5. Food and Drink
Nothing complements a sporting event quite like your favorite food and beverage. Whether you are a hot dog, burger, fries and a beer type a guy, or a green salad veggie nut, the Home Depot Center is bound to have what you are looking for with 17 permanent refreshment stations (15 at the soccer stadium and two at the tennis stadium).
Below is a quick summary of the food services provided:
• Pollo Campero – Homemade Fried Chicken and Chicken Strips and Fried Yucca
• The Market – Pizza by the Slice, Chicken Caesar Pizzan, Italian Subs
• El Mercado – Tostado Grande, Fiesta Salad, Crispy Tacos, Super Nachos
• BBQ – Brisket Stacker, Pulled Pork Sandwich, BBQ Brisket Dog
• The Kick! – Serving Starbuck Coffee, Cinnabon and Fresh Salads
• All American – Hamburgers, French Fries, Hot Dog, Nacho’s
To help you get what food you want when you want it, click this Menus and Food services map.
To better improve your dining experience, luxury suite and club seat guests have the choice to dine at the American Express Stadium Club, an upper scale restaurant. Not only is the food a step above, but also so is the view of the 27,000-seat soccer stadium.
To make American Express Stadium Club reservations, call (310) 630-2100.
For information on becoming a luxury suite or club seat guest, call (877) 604-8777.
6. A Day at the Home Depot: Ticket Prices for a Family of Four
LA Galaxy vs Kansas City on Saturday, Aug. 28, 2010 at 7:30p.m.
Four Full Price Adult Tickets in Price Level 2 Club, Section 111, Row X via TicketMaster.
Ticket Price: $125.00 x 4
Facility Charge: $1.00 x 4
Online Convenience Charge $5.00 x 4
Total Cost: $524.00