Latest LA Weather 2012
A storm is headed into the Southland Tuesday afternoon, bringing rain, wind and a possible thunderstorm.
The National Weather Service Friday issued a significant weather advisory for coastal areas in Orange County due to strong thunderstorms and water spouts moving through the area.
The air conditioning went out at the San Bernardino Unified School District headquarters and at two schools, prompting officials and students to head home early.
Consumers are encouraged to reduce their energy use, especially between the hours of 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
Air conditioning specialists have seen an increase in AC breakdowns since the beginning of the excessive heat wave.
The week-long Southern California heat wave has triggered another Flex Alert, asking consumers to conserve electricity between the hours of 11 a.m. and 6 p.m.
- Southern California Enters Day 7 Of Continuing Heat Wave 2012/08/12
- Big Rig Crashes Into 101 Freeway Divider, Snarls Traffic In Calabasas 2012/08/11
- SoCal Endures Sixth Day Of Continuing Heat Wave 2012/08/11
- North Hollywood Ice Co. Cooling Things Down CBS2 / KCAL9–2012/08/10
- Woman Dies After Being Found Near Her Wheelchair In Sweltering Heat 2012/08/10
- SoCal Edison Offers Tips To Save On Energy Bill 2012/08/10
- Statewide Flex Alert To Expire Saturday CBS2 / KCAL9–2012/08/10
- Cooling Centers To Help Residents Cope With Excessive Heat CBS Los Angeles–2012/08/09
- Excessive Heat Isn’t Stopping Local Youth Sports, Activities CBS2 / KCAL9–2012/08/09