Latest LA Politics
Los Angeles politicians have struggled for more than five years to regulate medical marijuana, trying to balance the needs of the sick against neighborhood concerns that pot shops attract crime.
A California law that requires all semiautomatic handguns to be equipped with technology that stamps a code with the weapon’s make, model and serial number on bullet casings is now in effect after years of delays.
California Attorney General Kamala Harris met with a new statewide taskforce of district attorneys Friday to study ways to reduce gun violence and enforce existing law.
As the mayoral race draws near, both campaigns are heavily courting the Latino voter with Spanish-speaking TV ads.
Gov. Jerry Brown is defending his proposal to shift some education spending to the state’s neediest children.
A study that tracked California parolees has found no spike in arrests since responsibility for many ex-convicts shifted to local authorities under the state’s prison realignment law.
- City Council Orders Detailed Report From DOT After $42.6 Million Uncovered In Wrong Account 2013/05/14
- Reports Of IRS Targeting Conservative Groups In California 2013/05/14
- Garcetti, Greuel Clash At Last Televised Mayoral Debate On KCAL9 CBS2 / KCAL9–2013/05/13
- Rep. Julia Brownley Travels To Camarillo To Thank Firefighters 2013/05/10
- Greuel, Garcetti In Statistical Dead Heat Ahead Of Runoff Vote 2013/05/10
- $42.6 Million In City Funds Uncovered After Collecting 17 Years In Wrong Account CBS2 / KCAL9–2013/05/09
- Calif. Lawmakers Move To Punish Hoax 911 ‘Swatting’ Callers CBS2 / KCAL9–2013/05/09
- Calif. Lawsuit Alleges JPMorgan Chase Engaged In Unlawful Debt-Collecting Practices CBS Los Angeles–2013/05/09
- Hillary Clinton Accepts Public Service Award In Beverly Hills 2013/05/08