Find Your Race
Find Your Candidate
Latest LA Campaign Center
It looks like Californians are growing weary of the ballot box: preliminary results from Tuesday’s vote show about 56 percent didn’t even bother to vote.
The chairman of the Riverside County Board of Supervisors had some very strong words to say after the county registrar’s office experienced significant delays in posting initial results.
The makeup of a city council in Riverside County was dramatically altered after four of five members were recalled in response to an alleged campaign money-laundering scandal.
Fresh off of an election night being hailed by party leaders as a repudiation of the current administration, Republicans now say it’s time to repeal the health care reform bill.
Lawmakers will now be able to pass a budget plan with a simple majority vote instead of the currently required two-thirds.
- Newsom Elected Lieutenant Governor Of California 11/03/2010
- LA County Voters Reelect Deceased Senator 11/03/2010
- Torlakson To Become Superintendent Of Schools 11/03/2010
- Loretta Sanchez Retains Her Congressional Seat 11/03/2010
- Calif. Voters Concerned About Economy, Government 11/02/2010
- Group: Robocalls Gave Spanish-Speaking Voters Late Polling Date KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO–11/02/2010
- Schwarzenegger Casts His Vote For California Governor CBS2 / KCAL9–11/02/2010
- California Voters Gloomy Over Economic Woes 11/02/2010
- Losing Talking Points: Dems Write Off House In Memo 11/02/2010
- State Sen. Wright Resigns After Voter Fraud CaseSenate President Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg accepted Wright's one-sentence letter, which stated his resignation is effective Sept. 22. Jennifer Hanson, a spokeswoman for Wright, confirmed the senator submitted his resignation letter.
- Sentencing Brings Call For California Sen. Rod Wright To ResignCalifornia state Sen. Rod Wright was sentenced Friday to three months in prison for lying about where he lived when he ran for office and leaders of the Senate said he should resign immediately.
- President Obama Returning To Los Angeles For Fundraiser At Gwyneth Paltrow’s HomePresident Barack Obama will be back in Los Angeles in October for a fundraiser at the home of actress Gwyneth Paltrow.
- OC Assessor Faces Charges Of Filing False Nomination PapersOrange County Assessor Webster Guillory faces charges of filing false nomination papers in his re-election bid in the March primary election.
- Prosecutor Asks Judge To Give Former Councilman Alarcon Jail TimeFormer Los Angeles City Councilman Richard Alarcon could serve jail time if prosecuting attorneys have their way.
- Rep. Schiff: Congress ‘Should Have A Vote’ On ISIS Military ActionA Southland lawmaker is calling for President Obama to seek Congressional authorization for any expanded military effort to confront violent Islamic State militants in Iraq and Syria.
- Mayor Eric Garcetti Throws His Support Behind McDonnell In LA County Sheriff’s RaceLos Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti will join a long list of local and state officials in endorsing Long Beach police Chief Jim McDonnell for Los Angeles County sheriff.
- Secretary of State Debra Bowen Describes Her DepressionCalifornia's top elections official says she has been fighting what she calls a debilitating battle with depression that has frequently kept her away from her office.
- Supervisor Molina Plans To Run For City CouncilLos Angeles County Supervisor Gloria Molina plans to run for Los Angeles City Council, her press deputy confirmed to CBSLA on Friday.
- California In Tussle Over Record $1.4B Utility FineThe biggest beneficiary of the record $1.4 billion fine levied against Pacific Gas & Electric Co. for a gas line explosion that killed eight people and destroyed dozens of homes in suburban San Francisco is the state of California, which stands to gain $950 million to spend any way it wants.