Find Your Race
Find Your Candidate
Latest LA Campaign Center
It looks like Californians are growing weary of the ballot box: preliminary results from Tuesday’s vote show about 56 percent didn’t even bother to vote.
The chairman of the Riverside County Board of Supervisors had some very strong words to say after the county registrar’s office experienced significant delays in posting initial results.
The makeup of a city council in Riverside County was dramatically altered after four of five members were recalled in response to an alleged campaign money-laundering scandal.
Fresh off of an election night being hailed by party leaders as a repudiation of the current administration, Republicans now say it’s time to repeal the health care reform bill.
Lawmakers will now be able to pass a budget plan with a simple majority vote instead of the currently required two-thirds.
- Newsom Elected Lieutenant Governor Of California 11/03/2010
- LA County Voters Reelect Deceased Senator 11/03/2010
- Torlakson To Become Superintendent Of Schools 11/03/2010
- Loretta Sanchez Retains Her Congressional Seat 11/03/2010
- Calif. Voters Concerned About Economy, Government 11/02/2010
- Group: Robocalls Gave Spanish-Speaking Voters Late Polling Date KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO–11/02/2010
- Schwarzenegger Casts His Vote For California Governor CBS2 / KCAL9–11/02/2010
- California Voters Gloomy Over Economic Woes 11/02/2010
- Losing Talking Points: Dems Write Off House In Memo 11/02/2010
- California’s Brown Hears Fracking GripesIn a year when California Democrats are worried about motivating their voters, Gov. Jerry Brown heard another unwelcome message Saturday: Some Democratic activists are bristling over his administration's policies on hydraulic fracturing, or fracking.
- Democrats To Tout Calif. Recovery At Downtown LA ConventionMembers of the California Democratic Party began to gather Friday in downtown Los Angeles for their annual convention.
- Lawmaker Scandals Prompt Ethics Bills From Senate DemocratsStung by criminal charges against two colleagues, the leader of the state Senate and other Democratic lawmakers are seeking tighter rules on lawmakers and lobbyists.
- Race For LA County Board of Supervisors Heats UpThe race is on to succeed Zev Yaroslavsky, one of the big names on the County Board of Supervisors, pitting a current member of the Kennedy clan against a former TV sitcom star-turned-lawmaker.
- Traffic Snarled On The Westside As Israeli Prime Minister Continues TripDrivers on the Westside were experiencing heavier than usual traffic congestion Wednesday evening as Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu continued his visit to California.
- Lawmaker Wants Apology For Obama-Hitler ComparisonA Jewish lawmaker wants an apology from a conservative state assemblyman who compared President Barack Obama's gun control policies with those of dictators such as Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin and North Korea's Kim Jong Il.
- Lawsuit Seeks To Reinstate Canceled Health PlansA state lawmaker who is running for state insurance commissioner said Wednesday that he is suing California's health benefits exchange for wrongly cutting off more than 1 million insurance policies.
- Hillary Clinton Says Putin Threatening Stability In UkraineFormer U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton mentioned the showdown between the U.S. and Russia over Ukraine before beginning her remarks at UCLA Wednesday.
- Israeli Prime Minister Makes Hollywood Stop For PremiereIsraeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu flew Tuesday from Washington, D.C., to California — trading a focus on the geopolitics of the Middle East for a Hollywood screening and visits with Silicon Valley tech entrepreneurs.
- Republican Candidate For Calif. Governor Compares Obama To HitlerA Republican candidate for California governor is comparing President Barack Obama's gun control policies with those of dictators such as Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin and North Korea's Kim Jong Il.