Find Your Race
Find Your Candidate
Latest LA Campaign Center
It looks like Californians are growing weary of the ballot box: preliminary results from Tuesday’s vote show about 56 percent didn’t even bother to vote.
The chairman of the Riverside County Board of Supervisors had some very strong words to say after the county registrar’s office experienced significant delays in posting initial results.
The makeup of a city council in Riverside County was dramatically altered after four of five members were recalled in response to an alleged campaign money-laundering scandal.
Fresh off of an election night being hailed by party leaders as a repudiation of the current administration, Republicans now say it’s time to repeal the health care reform bill.
Lawmakers will now be able to pass a budget plan with a simple majority vote instead of the currently required two-thirds.
- Newsom Elected Lieutenant Governor Of California 2010/11/03
- LA County Voters Reelect Deceased Senator 2010/11/03
- Torlakson To Become Superintendent Of Schools 2010/11/03
- Loretta Sanchez Retains Her Congressional Seat 2010/11/03
- Calif. Voters Concerned About Economy, Government 2010/11/02
- Group: Robocalls Gave Spanish-Speaking Voters Late Polling Date KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO–2010/11/02
- Schwarzenegger Casts His Vote For California Governor CBS2 / KCAL9–2010/11/02
- California Voters Gloomy Over Economic Woes 2010/11/02
- Losing Talking Points: Dems Write Off House In Memo 2010/11/02
- Santa Ana Mayor Under Fire For Real Estate DealThe mayor of Santa Ana is being investigated for what his critics are calling a questionable real estate deal.
- 5 In Custody For Protesting Immigration Policies Outside Federal BuildingDetective Gus Villanueva said the people arrested have been turned over to federal authorities.
- Nelson Mandela Laid To Rest In Ancestral VillageBig guns fired a salute in the rural village where Nelson Mandela grew up and military servicemen marched stiffly behind his casket on a winding dirt road Sunday as South Africa said goodbye for the last time to the man who reconciled the country in its most vulnerable period.
- Garcetti Launches First Gun Buyback Initiative As MayorCBS2's Pat Harvey sat down with the mayor to talk about the importance of the program, aimed at reducing violence.
- County Supervisors Warn Of More To Come In FBI Corruption Probe Of LASDTwo Los Angeles County Supervisors warned Tuesday of more to come in the fallout from the FBI's corruption probe of the Los Angeles Sheriff's Department.
- Calif. Lawmakers Call For Drought DeclarationWith another dry winter looming, California lawmakers called on Gov. Jerry Brown and President Barack Obama to declare a drought emergency and federal disaster in the state.
- Ex-San Diego Mayor Bob Filner To Be Sentenced For HarassmentThe former 10-term congressman will be sentenced Monday for one felony and two misdemeanors for placing a woman in a headlock, kissing another woman and grabbing the buttocks of a third.
- Nelson Mandela Remembered By Fellow Congregants At First A.M.E. ChurchMore than 1,000 First A.M.E. church members paid their respects at the morning service, where Bishop T. Larry Kirkland spoke.
- Court To Consider California’s DNA Collection LawA federal appeals court appeared ready last year to strike down as an unconstitutional invasion of privacy a controversial California law.
- US Vet Merrill Newman, 85, Home From North KoreaA tired but smiling 85-year-old U.S. veteran detained in North Korea for several weeks returned home Saturday to applause from supporters, yellow ribbons tied to pillars outside his home and the warm embrace of his family.