Find Your Race
Find Your Candidate
Latest LA Campaign Center
It looks like Californians are growing weary of the ballot box: preliminary results from Tuesday’s vote show about 56 percent didn’t even bother to vote.
The chairman of the Riverside County Board of Supervisors had some very strong words to say after the county registrar’s office experienced significant delays in posting initial results.
The makeup of a city council in Riverside County was dramatically altered after four of five members were recalled in response to an alleged campaign money-laundering scandal.
Fresh off of an election night being hailed by party leaders as a repudiation of the current administration, Republicans now say it’s time to repeal the health care reform bill.
Lawmakers will now be able to pass a budget plan with a simple majority vote instead of the currently required two-thirds.
- Newsom Elected Lieutenant Governor Of California 11/03/2010
- LA County Voters Reelect Deceased Senator 11/03/2010
- Torlakson To Become Superintendent Of Schools 11/03/2010
- Loretta Sanchez Retains Her Congressional Seat 11/03/2010
- Calif. Voters Concerned About Economy, Government 11/02/2010
- Group: Robocalls Gave Spanish-Speaking Voters Late Polling Date KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO–11/02/2010
- Schwarzenegger Casts His Vote For California Governor CBS2 / KCAL9–11/02/2010
- California Voters Gloomy Over Economic Woes 11/02/2010
- Losing Talking Points: Dems Write Off House In Memo 11/02/2010
- Comedian Jimmy Dore Scrutinizes American Politics In New BookYou may have heard of Jimmy Dore for his hard-hitting political satire on Comedy Central and his radio show and now the comedian is coming out with a new book.
- AP: California Can’t Say If It’s Meeting Drought GoalSix months after Brown declared a water emergency, few state agencies know whether their conservation efforts are meeting the mark. They are not required to compare water consumption this year to last, and few have, The Associated Press found.
- Gang Violence, Fears For Children In Central America Fuel Rush To USMany immigrants flooding across the southern border of the U.S. say they're fleeing violent gangs in Central America.
- Top Prosecutor To Help Immigrants Get LawyersKamala Harris called the surge in young immigrants a humanitarian crisis, echoing comments made a day earlier by Gov. Jerry Brown, a fellow Democrat.
- Obama Fundraises In Hancock Park Amid Escalating Crises In Ukraine, IsraelPresident Obama arrived in the Southland Wednesday to fund-raise at an event organized by a high-profile Hollywood producer.
- Ex-Councilman Alarcon, Wife Found Guilty On Perjury, Voter Fraud ChargesA former Los Angeles City Councilman and his wife Wednesday were convicted on charges of perjury and voter fraud, but cleared on several other counts.
- Parents, Coaches Support New California Law Limiting Full-Contact Football PracticesGovernor Jerry Brown signed new legislation Monday that limits the number of full-contact practices for middle-and-high school football teams to two per week during their regular seasons.
- Law Blocks Some Brown Lawn Fees During DroughtsHomeowner associations can no longer slap fines on residents with dry, brown lawns during droughts under legislation that took effect Monday.
- California Won’t Send Troops To Mexico BorderCalifornia Gov. Jerry Brown won't be deploying National Guard troops to the Mexico border like Texas is doing in response to an influx of immigrants.
- California Reduces Deportations For Minor CrimesFederal law lets legal immigrants be deported if they are given a sentence of one year or more. But California law defines misdemeanors as crimes qualifying for jail terms of a year or less.