Find Your Race
Find Your Candidate
Latest LA Campaign Center
It looks like Californians are growing weary of the ballot box: preliminary results from Tuesday’s vote show about 56 percent didn’t even bother to vote.
The chairman of the Riverside County Board of Supervisors had some very strong words to say after the county registrar’s office experienced significant delays in posting initial results.
The makeup of a city council in Riverside County was dramatically altered after four of five members were recalled in response to an alleged campaign money-laundering scandal.
Fresh off of an election night being hailed by party leaders as a repudiation of the current administration, Republicans now say it’s time to repeal the health care reform bill.
Lawmakers will now be able to pass a budget plan with a simple majority vote instead of the currently required two-thirds.
- Newsom Elected Lieutenant Governor Of California 11/03/2010
- LA County Voters Reelect Deceased Senator 11/03/2010
- Torlakson To Become Superintendent Of Schools 11/03/2010
- Loretta Sanchez Retains Her Congressional Seat 11/03/2010
- Calif. Voters Concerned About Economy, Government 11/02/2010
- Group: Robocalls Gave Spanish-Speaking Voters Late Polling Date KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO–11/02/2010
- Schwarzenegger Casts His Vote For California Governor CBS2 / KCAL9–11/02/2010
- California Voters Gloomy Over Economic Woes 11/02/2010
- Losing Talking Points: Dems Write Off House In Memo 11/02/2010
- A Day After Resigning, Deasy Defends Record As LAUSD SuperintendentA day after resigning, the now-former superintendent of the LAUSD John Deasy defended his record and blasted his critics.
- GOP Candidate Neel Kashkari Adds Another $1 Million Of Own MoneyFormer U.S. Treasury official Neel Kashkari is contributing another $1 million of his own money to his campaign for California governor.
- Outgoing LAUSD Superintendent John Deasy Hints At Run For Public OfficeOutgoing Los Angeles Unified School District Superintendent John Deasy hinted Friday at a run for public office, but he would not say exactly what post he might seek.
- Reports: LAUSD Superintendent John Deasy To ResignLos Angeles Unified School District Superintendent John Deasy is expected to resign, according to multiple reports.
- Sen. Kevin De Leon To Be Sworn In At Expensive Walt Disney Concert Hall PartyTwo-thousand guests have been invited to an expensive soiree Wednesday to celebrate the swearing-in of the first Latino to head the California Senate in more than a century.
- First Latino Calif. Senate Leader In Over A Century Defends Pricey Inauguration BashAn unusual and elaborate swearing-in ceremony for the incoming leader of the state Senate is tonight at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in downtown Los Angeles.
- California Leader Preps For Expensive Swearing-InSen. Kevin de Leon of Los Angeles has invited 2,000 guests, including about 200 officeholders, to witness his swearing-in as Senate president pro tempore during a Wednesday ceremony at Walt Disney Concert Hall.
- City Council Agrees To Extend AEG Deal Another 6 MonthsThe City Council agreed Tuesday to extend a 2012 deal with AEG for another six months to allow the developer to continue working on getting a National Football League Franchise to Los Angeles.
- Probe Sought In Award Of No-Bid Health Care DealsCalifornia's health insurance exchange faced calls Monday for a state investigation of its contracting practices.
- AP: California Gives No-Bid Health PactsCalifornia's health insurance exchange has awarded $184 million in contracts without the competitive bidding and oversight that is standard practice across state government.