Find Your Race
Find Your Candidate
Latest LA Campaign Center
It looks like Californians are growing weary of the ballot box: preliminary results from Tuesday’s vote show about 56 percent didn’t even bother to vote.
The chairman of the Riverside County Board of Supervisors had some very strong words to say after the county registrar’s office experienced significant delays in posting initial results.
The makeup of a city council in Riverside County was dramatically altered after four of five members were recalled in response to an alleged campaign money-laundering scandal.
Fresh off of an election night being hailed by party leaders as a repudiation of the current administration, Republicans now say it’s time to repeal the health care reform bill.
Lawmakers will now be able to pass a budget plan with a simple majority vote instead of the currently required two-thirds.
- Newsom Elected Lieutenant Governor Of California 11/03/2010
- LA County Voters Reelect Deceased Senator 11/03/2010
- Torlakson To Become Superintendent Of Schools 11/03/2010
- Loretta Sanchez Retains Her Congressional Seat 11/03/2010
- Calif. Voters Concerned About Economy, Government 11/02/2010
- Group: Robocalls Gave Spanish-Speaking Voters Late Polling Date KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO–11/02/2010
- Schwarzenegger Casts His Vote For California Governor CBS2 / KCAL9–11/02/2010
- California Voters Gloomy Over Economic Woes 11/02/2010
- Losing Talking Points: Dems Write Off House In Memo 11/02/2010
- SoCal Lawmaker, Rabbi Hail Speech From Israeli PM NetanyahuA U.S. Congressman from Orange County and a prominent Southland rabbi were both on Capitol Hill Tuesday for a controversial speech from Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on the Iran nuclear talks.
- Voters Head To The Polls To Decide On LA City Council Seats, FrackingVoters headed to the polls Tuesday to decide from among 30 candidates vying for City Council seats and other races, including whether to support a proposed oil-drilling project in the city.
- Some Mexicans To Be Given Another Chance To Stay In U.S.Hundreds, perhaps thousands, of Mexicans who were expelled from the country by immigration officials in Southern California will be allowed to return for a chance to make their case to stay in the United States, the American Civil Liberties Union said.
- California Issues 110K Driver’s Licenses To Undocumented ImmigrantsCalifornia has handed out 110,000 driver's licenses to immigrants in the country illegally during the first seven weeks of applications.
- Proposals Aim To Reverse Low Voter Turnout In LAVoter turnout for local elections in L.A. has gotten so bad that officials are proposing having city and school board elections on the same day as presidential and statewide elections.
- State Lawmakers Set To Discuss Recent Rise In Gas PricesState lawmakers have scheduled two hearings for March to discuss the recent spike in gas prices in California.
- Torrance Lawmaker Wants Answers From FDA In Wake Of Superbug OutbreakA California congressman wants answers from the Food and Drug Administration in the wake of superbug infections at a local hospital now linked to contaminated medical scopes.
- Villaraigosa Will Not Run For Barbara Boxer’s Senate SeatFormer Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa says he will not run for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Barbara Boxer.
- California’s Women Lawmakers Introduce Equal Pay LegislationMembers of the California Legislative Women’s Caucus introduced a new bill Tuesday to ensure fair pay for comparable work, no matter the gender of the worker.
- California’s Plastic-Bag Ban Suspended By Ballot ReferendumA trade group has turned in enough signatures to qualify a referendum on California's plastic bag ban law, suspending implementation of the nation's first statewide ban until voters weigh in on the November 2016 ballot, state elections officials said Tuesday.