Find Your Race
Find Your Candidate
Latest LA Campaign Center
It looks like Californians are growing weary of the ballot box: preliminary results from Tuesday’s vote show about 56 percent didn’t even bother to vote.
The chairman of the Riverside County Board of Supervisors had some very strong words to say after the county registrar’s office experienced significant delays in posting initial results.
The makeup of a city council in Riverside County was dramatically altered after four of five members were recalled in response to an alleged campaign money-laundering scandal.
Fresh off of an election night being hailed by party leaders as a repudiation of the current administration, Republicans now say it’s time to repeal the health care reform bill.
Lawmakers will now be able to pass a budget plan with a simple majority vote instead of the currently required two-thirds.
- Newsom Elected Lieutenant Governor Of California 11/03/2010
- LA County Voters Reelect Deceased Senator 11/03/2010
- Torlakson To Become Superintendent Of Schools 11/03/2010
- Loretta Sanchez Retains Her Congressional Seat 11/03/2010
- Calif. Voters Concerned About Economy, Government 11/02/2010
- Group: Robocalls Gave Spanish-Speaking Voters Late Polling Date KNX 1070 NEWSRADIO–11/02/2010
- Schwarzenegger Casts His Vote For California Governor CBS2 / KCAL9–11/02/2010
- California Voters Gloomy Over Economic Woes 11/02/2010
- Losing Talking Points: Dems Write Off House In Memo 11/02/2010
- DUI Charge Filed Against Former Murrieta Mayor In Connection With CrashAuthorities have filed a charge against the former mayor of Murrieta in connection with an alleged drunken-driving crash that left four teens injured.
- Exclusive: Unions Blast LAUSD For Telling Cafeteria Workers To Speak Only EnglishWorker unions are firing back at the Los Angeles Unified School District after they allegedly told cafeteria workers at Harvard Elementary School they could only speak English on campus.
- Jim McDonnell, Paul Tanaka To Square Off In Tuesday’s Runoff ElectionInterim Los Angeles County Sheriff John Scott threw his support behind Long Beach Police Chief Jim McDonnell to take over as sheriff.
- As Midterm Elections Near, Brown Answers Questions About Re-Election BidWith midterm elections just a week away, Gov. Jerry Brown was in Southern California Tuesday, addressing questions about his re-election bid.
- Bell Gardens City Council Meets For First Time Since Crespo’s DeathThe Bell Gardens City Council met Monday for the first time since the shooting death of Daniel Crespo, and some leaders publicly spoke about the loss.
- County Supervisor Race Heats Up In LA As Election Day ApproachesAs LA's Election Day 2014 approaches, the battle for County Supervisor is shaping up to be one of the hottest races of the season.
- Rob Reiner, Steve Soboroff Spar In Heated Measure R Debate Over Malibu DevelopmentA debate over Measure R got heated in Malibu Sunday night, with director and Malibu resident Rob Reiner leading the charge in support of the bill and developer Steve Soboroff on the other side of the argument.
- Abuse-Of-Office Charges Filed Against Menifee CouncilmanA Menifee City Councilman was out on bail after being arrested Thursday on suspicion of corruption.
- State Superintendent’s Race Features Differing Visions For SchoolsThe future direction of California’s public schools will be decided in the Nov. 4 race for state superintendent of public instruction, which pits incumbent Tom Torlakson against challenger Marshall Tuck.
- Attorney General Eric Holder In Los Angeles For ‘Smart On Crime’ TourOutgoing U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder will speak Friday in downtown Los Angeles at a ceremony for graduates of an experimental federal diversion program that aims to keep low-level offenders out of prison.