Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- Protesters Rally Against Supreme Court Ruling At Burbank Hobby Lobby Store Dozens of protesters descended on the store's grand opening following last week's controversial Supreme Court decision.
- Billions Of Dollars At Risk As West Coast Port Contract Ends The West Coast ports that are America's gateway for hundreds of billions of dollars of trade with Asia and beyond are no stranger to labor unrest and even violence.
- California Obamacare Enrollees Exceed Projections By Nearly 100K Overall, the Obama administration had projected California would enroll 1.3 million during the first enrollment period, which began Oct. 1. Covered California said the state had set a target of around 830,000.
- Final Deadline Arrives For Health Exchange Sign-Up It's not just tax day. Tuesday also is the two-week extension deadline to sign up for health coverage through California's insurance exchange.
- KNX 1070 Investigation: More Calif. Doctors Illegally Charging Insured Patients Extra Fees A growing number of California doctors are charging their insured patients extra fees to cover everyday office expenses - a practice that's illegal under most health care policies, according to KNX1070's investigative reporter Charles Feldman.
- Health Coverage Sign-Up Deadline Extended 2 Weeks Consumers who were unable to create an account or start their application because of technical problems have until midnight on April 15 to finish their applications.
- Local Congressman Lauds Affordable Care Act On 4th Anniversary Of Signing Opponents of the Affordable Care Act (like Texas congressman Ted Cruz) insist it will be a job killer.
- Local Restaurant Adds Surcharge To Tabs To Pay For Employees' Healthcare A local restaurant has added a surcharge to every tab in order to pay for its employees' healthcare.
- Obamacare Enrollment In California: Over 150,000 So Far Over 150,000 residents of California have successfully enrolled so far. California has more than seven million uninsured residents.
- Election Watch: Will Obamacare Hurt Democrats In 2014? Less than a year from now, voters head to the polls for the 2014 midterm elections.