Affordable Care Act
Health Insurance FAQs
Understanding Health Care In America Today
- What Has The Affordable Care Act Accomplished A Year Later? With almost a year under its belt, has the Affordable Care Act impact as many people as it originally set out to?
- Patients Line Up For Free Clinic Wristbands Thousands of people lined up at the LA Sports Arena on Sunday morning to receive wristbands that will allow them to receive services at the annual Care Harbor free clinic, which begins Thursday.
- Fast-Food Workers Protest To Raise Minimum Wage To $15 An Hour Police said 10 protestors were arrested Thursday during a march downtown for higher wages.
- Records: County Emergency Room Visits Slowed During Obamacare's Early Months Los Angeles County emergency room visits slowed in the early months of Obamacare, according to state records.
- Protesters Rally Against Supreme Court Ruling At Burbank Hobby Lobby Store Dozens of protesters descended on the store's grand opening following last week's controversial Supreme Court decision.
- Billions Of Dollars At Risk As West Coast Port Contract Ends The West Coast ports that are America's gateway for hundreds of billions of dollars of trade with Asia and beyond are no stranger to labor unrest and even violence.
- California Obamacare Enrollees Exceed Projections By Nearly 100K Overall, the Obama administration had projected California would enroll 1.3 million during the first enrollment period, which began Oct. 1. Covered California said the state had set a target of around 830,000.
- Final Deadline Arrives For Health Exchange Sign-Up It's not just tax day. Tuesday also is the two-week extension deadline to sign up for health coverage through California's insurance exchange.
- KNX 1070 Investigation: More Calif. Doctors Illegally Charging Insured Patients Extra Fees A growing number of California doctors are charging their insured patients extra fees to cover everyday office expenses - a practice that's illegal under most health care policies, according to KNX1070's investigative reporter Charles Feldman.
- Health Coverage Sign-Up Deadline Extended 2 Weeks Consumers who were unable to create an account or start their application because of technical problems have until midnight on April 15 to finish their applications.