LOS ANGELES (CBSLA) – Three people were injured Wednesday, one critically, in an apartment building fire in the Beverly Grove area of Los Angles that was sparked by an electrical problem, authorities said.

Firefighters sent to 145 S. Doheny Drive at 9:20 a.m. extinguished the flames in 17 minutes, the Los Angeles Fire Department reported.

A man in his 50s suffered burns and smoke inhalation and was hospitalized in critical condition, according to the LAFD. A woman in her 60s was hospitalized in fair condition for smoke inhalation, and a man in his 20s was treated at the scene for smoke exposure.

“A smoke alarm in the involved unit appeared inoperative, (with) bare wires, at the time of the fire,” according to an LAFD statement that said the building was not equipped with optional residential fire sprinklers.

(©2018 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

Comments

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

Watch & Listen LIVE