Police Say LA Detective’s Shooting Death Inside Whittier Home Is Suicide

WHITTIER (CBSLA.com) — Whittier police said Wednesday they were investigating the death of a Los Angeles police detective at a Whittier home as a suicide.

Nadine Hernandez, 44, was found dead around 2:45 p.m. Tuesday in a home in the 8400 block of Via Sierra Ramal, according to Whittier police Officer John Scoggins.

Detectives said it appeared Hernandez died as a result of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the chest. A loaded gun was found near her body.

There are no signs of foul play, police said. “Detectives did find information that would lead them to believe that this was a suicide and not a homicide,” said Whittier police Officer Hugo Figueroa.

Police said a relative was in the home at the time of the shooting and called 911, but there’s no evidence the person was involved in Hernandez’s death.

According to real estate records, the home where Hernandez was found is currently for sale and belongs to retired L.A. police lieutenant, Robert Fox, who is also Hernandez’s father-in-law.

Hernandez’s husband is also an L.A. police officer assigned to the Metro Division.

An LAPD statement said: “We are heartbroken about the tragic death of Detective Nadine Hernandez…It is a loss that touches us all in the LAPD family.”

Records show Hernandez worked on several high-profile cases, including the rape case filed against NBA star Derrick Rose and two of his friends.

Last month, Hernandez wrote a letter to the accuser’s attorney confirming that the department is looking into sexual abuse allegations in connection with the rape complaint against Rose.

An LAPD spokesman has confirmed there is no evidence that Hernandez’s death is related to her involvement in the case.

1. Dave Hill says:

Hey Hesse! Waz happining.

2. k pinto says:

Sup bro, what b the haps?

1. g gordon says:

You sound like a hood-rat…

1. k pinto says:

Yeah, I’m PU$SY MIKE the BIPOLAR INTERNET BlTCH . I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also gave me free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name and try to lick your nuts, like I do to Trump, nobama, GROWAPAIR, KELVIN STEPHENS, America, and everyone else I hate and who b1tch slapped me

3. f blair says:

…..yo momma never complained!

4. Victor Jones says:

Derrick Rose is probably involved somehow

5. Joe says:

One less piggy.

6. Dave R. says:

Was shocked to hear this news this morning. She was a good Detective and a great woman. Didn’t seem like the type of person that would do something like this. And a wound to the chest doesn’t make sense to me in regards to a suicide attempt….

1. f blair says:

You want to know another thing about Transgender people. Well, you pu$sies think I need so much protection when I already get paid more licking buttlips than what most of you’ll ever see with or without these people. Jail is punishment, but constitutionally it can’t be “cruel or unusual,” so every time you brain dead pu$sies give in and vote for more tough on crime laws check the “ferry dust” coming from my butt. Transgender is not sexual deviance, know your terms, dumba-$ses.

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, I get b1tch slapped by GROWAPAIR so I lick BUTTH0LES and jack around screen names

Comments are closed.