LONG BEACH (CBSLA.com) — The person of interest in the murders of a mother and her daughter in Long Beach is now the prime suspect in the case, according to police.

Detective said after going over hours of surveillance video, they were able to connect him to the killings of 26 year-old Carina Mancera and four-year-old daughter, Jennabel.

On August 6th around 10 p.m., neighbor Dan Starkey said he pulled over after seeing the victims lying on the streets.

“I tried to help probably within a few minutes after it happened. The mother, (I) couldn’t get a pulse, and I put a blanket on the little girl because she was going into shock,” Starkey said. “It was really upsetting.”

Police said Mancera and Jennabel were on their way home near 9th Street and Locust Avenue when the suspect walked up and shot them at close range.

Luis Anaya, Mancera’s boyfriend and the child’s father, was still at the car nearby. The suspect shot at him too, but missed.

Anaya told investigators he didn’t recognize the suspect.

“He was just beside himself, which I would be too,” Starkey added.

The suspect was caught on camera twice, minutes after the killings – first inside a convenience store, then on a Blue Line train as he rode to Los Angeles and got off at the San Pedro station.

Investigators said he talked to people on the train about leaving the state.

Police do not have a motive yet and are not sure if the mother and daughter were targeted or random victims.

They need the public’s help identifying their suspect.

“That’s why there’s so much violence because people are not willing to speak up. People aren’t willing to unite and make a change. Innocent lives don’t deserve for them to die that way,” said neighbor Karla Plancarte.

If you recognize the suspect, call Long Beach police.

A $40,000 reward is still being offered for information leading to the suspect.

Comments (9)
  1. alter says:

The death penalty needs be exercised ASAP. We’ve had enough.

1. alter says:

I’m a “expletive” butt licker. NO Hillary Clinton 2016!!! I back Black Lives Matter and the LGBT community. Love Trumps Hate!!!

I’m PU$SY MIKE the BIPOLAR INTERNET BlTCH and I lick Trump nuts.

1. alter says:

Yeah, I’m PU$SY MIKE THE BIPOLAR INTERNET B1TCH. I’m a hardened thug. I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also give you free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name, like I did to GROWAPAIR, KELVIN STEPHEN, nobama, America, and everyone else I hate.

2. GROWAPAIR says:

Yeah, I’m KELVIN STEPHEN. I’m a hardened thug. I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also give you free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name, like I did to nobama, America, and everyone else I hate.

1. alter says:

You want to know another thing about Transgender people. Well, you pu$sies think I need so much protection when I already get paid more licking buttlips than what most of you’ll ever see with or without these people. Jail is punishment, but constitutionally it can’t be “cruel or unusual,” so every time you brain dead pu$sies give in and vote for more tough on crime laws check the “ferry dust” coming from my butt. Transgender is not sexual deviance, know your terms, dumba-$ses.

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, I get b1tch slapped by GROWAPAIR so I lick BUTTH0LES and jack around screen names

1. alter says:

YEAH, I’M PU$SY MIKE AND AS EVERYONE CAN SEE I’M A REAL COWARDLY PIECE OF M0NKEY SHlT AND I POST WITH GROWAPAIR’S SCREEN NAME TO PROVE IT.

3. wolfmann4u says:

the reason people don’t speak up they are afraid of and don’t trust the police

1. alter says:

I trust the police so I lick their butt holes but I’m a coward and they can’t protect me so I won’t crawl out from under my rock where I can hide and post with GROWAPAIR’S screen name, he b1tch slapped me 😦