Job Seeker Says She Was Racially Profiled By Los Angeles Firm

LOS ANGELES ( — A woman seeking a job with a Los Angeles-area firm says she was shocked to be racially profiled in the rejection note she received from the company’s CEO.

After Tiffany Trieu graduated from UC Davis in June, she followed most job search recommendations to the letter – set up a LinkedIn profile and subscribed to the site’s paid premium features, went to conferences for networking opportunities, and sent out applications with follow-up emails through the social networking site.

(credit: Tiffany Trieu)

(credit: Tiffany Trieu)

Trieu said she wasn’t really expecting a response from the president of a company that makes water features, but heard from him a few weeks later.

“Thank you very much for writing,” the note to Trieu started. “Your persistence is respected, as is your obvious poetic sympathies for water.

“We have two hurdles to leap before we could engage you. The first is that we would need to maintain a higher flow of work, which could happen, but then the second is that we’ve hired so many foreign nationals that it seems time for us to hire an American, or be unfair,” the email said in part.

Trieu was stunned.

“I was just in shock because this never happened to me before,” she said.

She said she waited to allow herself a cooling-down period before responding.

“I would like to clarify I am an American and unsure of how you came to the conclusion I am not American-born. It is more important to note that America is made up of nothing but ‘foreign nationals’ from one generation or another,” Trieu wrote back. “As a country which prides itself for diversity and equality since it was established, I would hope its citizens uphold that belief as well.”

Trieu declined his invitation to visit the company’s studio the next time she is in the area. She declined to identify the company or the president.

“Though you extend your invitation, I honestly do not feel accepted and welcome,” she wrote.

He responded with a very short note the next day.

“You got the wrong guy. I’m sorry, of course if I offended you. I’m not bad,” he wrote.

“His response was really curt and I felt it was really disrespectful,” Trieu said, adding that she didn’t reply back to his apology. “When I responded, I wasn’t trying to imply he was a bad person.”

Trieu said she wanted to share the experience on Facebook so that other job seekers know they are not alone if they experience discrimination for whatever reason.

“I thought it was wrong he assume things about me. I’m sure the only thing he knew about me was from my LinkedIn profile,” she said.”

1. GROWAPAIR says:

This is not discrimination. It’s a quota and nothing else.

1. Fluff breath says:

You want to know another thing about Transgender people. Well, you pu$sies think I need so much protection when I already get paid more licking buttlips than what most of you’ll ever see with or without these people. Jail is punishment, but constitutionally it can’t be “cruel or unusual,” so every time you brain dead pu$sies give in and vote for more tough on crime laws check the “ferry dust” coming from my butt. Transgender is not sexual deviance, know your terms, dumba-$ses.

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, I get b1tch slapped by GROWAPAIR so I lick BUTTH0LES and jack off screen names

1. Fluff breath says:

I’m a “expletive” butt licker. NO Hillary Clinton 2016!!! I back Black Lives Matter and the LGBT community. Love Trumps Hate!!!

I’m PU$SY MIKE the BIPOLAR INTERNET BlTCH and I lick Trump nuts. The proof is up my butt.

2. Fluff breath says:

She can always get a job at the city. They only hire asain americans

1. Fluff breath says:

Yeah, I’m PU$SY MIKE the BIPOLAR INTERNET BlTCH . I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also gave me free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name and try to lick your nuts, like I do to Trump, nobama, GROWAPAIR, KELVIN STEPHENS, America, and everyone else I hate and who b1tch slapped me

But all of you already know this

2. Dave Thomas says:

PU$SY MIKE, the only job you can get is fluffing up your daddy to take it in the butt, b1tch.

3. Dave Thomas says:

Why didn’t Mz Trieu PROUDLY display here citizenship on her resume?

1. Fluff breath says: