LAPD Investigating Deadly Officer-Involved Shooting In South LA

SOUTH LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — The Los Angeles Police Department is investigating a deadly officer-involved shooting in South Los Angeles that came at the end of a vehicle pursuit, authorities said.

The shooting was reported at about 1 p.m. Saturday in the area of 107th Street and Western Avenue, said LAPD Officer Drake Madison of the Media Relations Section.

The car chase began when police said they saw paper plates on a car that came back reported stolen.

Reporting for CBS2 News at 5 p.m., Jeff Nguyen said police had not yet officially identified the deceased

By 8 p.m., a woman who said she was the deceased’s mother cried in pain.

“Please let me see my baby. If that’s my baby, please let me see him,” said Monique Morgan.

She identified her son as 18-year-old Carnell Snell.

Police said the man they shot was one of three people in the stolen vehicle. Snell was a passenger. Police said the driver and another passenger fled and are still at large.

At the end of the chase, police and witnesses said the deceased was running from the location through back yards.

A large gathering of police near the scene of the shooting could be seen in photos posted to social media.

Nguyen said some of the people, stricken with grief, were even unable to stand.

Witnesses told him the man — believed to be Snell — was running  with his hands up, and said he was telling officers he was unarmed, when police shot him about five times.

(credit: Monigue Morgan)

(credit: Monique Morgan)

“We seen the little boy running, with the blue shirt on,” said one woman, “I seen him running with his hands up. Like ‘Don’t shoot me.'”

Police said they recovered a weapon at the scene.

Snell’s mother isn’t willing to accept that.

“The police shot him five times in the back,” she said.

(©2016 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Wire services contributed to this report.)

Comments

1. GROWAPAIR says:

Hillary Clinton 2016!!! She is backed by Black Lives Matter and the LGBT community. Love Trumps Hate!!!

I’m GROWAPAIR and I endorse Hillary Clinton

1. GROWAPAIR says:

I’m MIKE THE BIPOLAR INTERNET B1TCH, I use everyone’s screen name to try and get to lick Trump’s nuts, since we all know I’m a PU$SY.

1. Kelvin Stephens says:

I’m MIKE THE BIPOLAR INTERNET B1TCH, I use everyone’s screen name to try and get to lick Trump’s nuts, since you all know I’m a PU$SY.

2. Sickofitall says:

You want to know another thing about Transgender people. Well, you pu$sies think I need so much protection when I already get paid more licking buttlips than what most of you’ll ever see with or without these people. Jail is punishment, but constitutionally it can’t be “cruel or unusual,” so every time you brain dead pu$sies give in and vote for more tough on crime laws check the “ferry dust” coming from my butt. Transgender is not sexual deviance, know your terms, dumba-$ses.

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, I get b1tch slapped by GROWAPAIR so I lick BUTTH0LES and jack off screen names

2. The Truth says:

I’m PU$SY MIKE the BIPOLAR B1TCH and I lick Trump nuts

1. Tilly says:

Yet another “TRUTH” who came out. LMAO BEYOTCH.

2. Kelvin Stephens says:

Does that mean 7-11 will get looted tonight? I’m sure it’s there fault.

1. Tilly says:

Yeah, I’m PU$SY MIKE the BIPOLAR INTERNET BlTCH . I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also gave me free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name and lick nuts, like I do to Trump, nobama, America, and everyone else I hate and who b1tch slapped me

1. Sharon says:

2. The Truth says:

No, but if you call me GROWAPAIR I’ll lick your butt hole … anyone? Please

3. Sharon says:

Why would anyone “run away” with their hands up?

1. GROWAPAIR says:

Yet another lie that will come out.

1. Sharon says:

Yeah, like I’m really PU$SY MIKE the BIPOLAR INTERNET BlTCH . I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also gave me free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name and lick nuts, like I do to Trump, nobama, America, and everyone else I hate and who b1tch slapped me

4. Tilly says:

Because everyone know, people always run with their hands up in the air. These thugs are just blatant liars! Just like that last dope. Wife says “He ain’t got no gun!” Guess what? He be had a gun onim. Idiots.

5. Sickofitall says:

This will never stop until black criminals are allowed to commit crimes freely without consequences. Until they receive reparations for things that happened hundreds of years ago. Until they get free everything. Until the white man stops interfering with their antics.

6. The Truth says:

Steal a car…..you deserve to die.

7. Penny says:

I’m so sick of this . CBS2 your the problem, all these news stations need to stay out of it. You just keep it going and only the part that gets told is white cop killed black guy . Why can’t you stay out of it until the investigation is done….. IM SICK OF IT

1. The Truth says:

PU$SY MIKE sooooooooo glad you’re not sick of licking my butt hole, beyotch

Comments are closed.