Community Leaders, Activists Meet To Discuss Civil Unrest Following Police Shootings

NORTHRIDGE (CBSLA.com) —   In the wake of civil unrest, the Minority Outreach Committee (MOC) and community activists from around the San Fernando Valley gathered at Cal State Northridge Saturday to open up a dialogue on race and police shootings.

CBS2’s Adrianna Weingold was there.

El Cajon and Pasadena, just the two most recent communities caught up in violence between police and minorities. With racial conflict seemingly escalating every day the people meeting in Northridge were  asking a simple question.: How do we mend a broken past?

“We want to make certain that we don’t say all policemen are bad, just as we don’t want to say all minorities are bad,” said Rev. Cecil Murray, a civil rights activist.

Police officers and civil rights activists joined  MOC  to open a dialogue about race relations in Los Angeles, specifically how we can all rebuild trust between the community and police.

“Whenever a community doesn’t think they have a voice, they’ll speak somehow and twice now we’ve seen that voice in the form of a rioe ca Wn never let that happen again,” said LAPD Deputy Chief Bob Green.

He says events like this with honest discussion are critical to improving relations, especially with problems between police and minorities continuing to plague the country, with riots, protests and unrest from Tulsa to Charlotte to right here in Southern California.

“In all of these transactions, in all of these murders, there’s no communication that says hey let me de-escalate this situation, first, let me figure out what’s going on,” says Dr. Norris Dorsey, a professor.

But instead of lashing out in protest or with violence, the symposium aims to find a solution, a deeper understanding and more communication between groups before more people are hurt or killed.

Comments

1. Jose says:

The other day dipsh!t Kelvin Stephens (aka: GROWAPAIR) said he believed the wife’s version of the story, “He don’t gotta gun!” when in reality he had a gun. Today he said he believed “He was running away with his hands up.” I think he also believes in the tooth fairy.

1. Jose says:

Yeah, I’m PU$SY MIKE the BIPOLAR INTERNET BlTCH . I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also gave me free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name and try to lick your nuts, like I do to Trump, nobama, GROWAPAIR, KELVIN STEPHENS, America, and everyone else I hate and who b1tch slapped me

But all of you already know this

1. Jose says:

You want to know another thing about Transgender people. Well, you pu$sies think I need so much protection when I already get paid more licking buttlips than what most of you’ll ever see with or without these people. Jail is punishment, but constitutionally it can’t be “cruel or unusual,” so every time you brain dead pu$sies give in and vote for more tough on crime laws check the “ferry dust” coming from my butt. Transgender is not sexual deviance, know your terms, dumba-$ses.

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, I get b1tch slapped by GROWAPAIR so I lick BUTTH0LES and jack off screen names

2. Jose says:

I’m the “wife” of a goat that I take up the butt

1. Jose says:

Yeah, I saw your video on TV and at 1st the goat looked white, and I said to myself, “finally a white criminal clearly seen commiitting a vicious cowardly violent crime!” But then they said it happened in Boyle Heights so that automatically excludes Caucasians… They probably pulled your video after finding out the criminal was not white… I have a theory that most criminals are actually white, but they are expert at disguising themselves as other races so the cops arrest and prosecute innocent people simply because they look like the disguised criminals…

2. GROWAPAIR says:

I saw the video on TV and at 1st the robber looked white, and I said to myself, “finally a white criminal clearly seen commiitting a vicious cowardly violent crime!” But then they said it happened in Boyle Heights so that automatically excludes Caucasians… They probably pulled the video after finding out the criminal was not white… I have a theory that most criminals are actually white, but they are expert at disguising themselves as other races so the cops arrest and prosecute innocent people simply because they look like the disguised criminals…

1. Jose says:

BIPOLAR PU$SY MIKE, if your daddy gets its nutsack out of your butt … see the above

1. patchie61 says:

I’m a “expletive” butt licker. NO Hillary Clinton 2016!!! I back by Black Lives Matter and the LGBT community. Love Trumps Hate!!!

I’m PU$SY MIKE the INTERNET BlTCH and I lick trump nuts

3. GROWAPAIR says:

I’m the “wife” of a goat that I take up the butt

1. Jose says:

PU$SY MIKE, yeah we all know that

4. patchie61 says:

So again the black community rallies around a black man creating a crisis situation. The death in El Cajon was 100% justified if you look at the video’s. How should a police officer react to somebody setting up his arms in a hostile shooting position? Should they wait to see if a shot is fired (at them) first? Same goes for Charlotte where that dumb wife claims everything but the truth. There was a gun and the husband was unstable. WOW, police shot an unstable person armed and in the appearance of being ready to fire.

Good thing Hillary is trying to steal black votes by acting like the current Black president. Only problem is, the current President has created a massive divide in this nation and Clinton will only further the divide if she follows his path as she claims she will. Clinton is looking to buy black voters and is basically calling them too stupid to read between her lines.

1. patchie61 says: