2 Women Charged With Capital Murder After Fatally Shooting NoHo Liquor Store Clerk During Robbery

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com)   —  Authorities said two women were charged Thursday with killing a liquor store clerk during an attempted robbery in North Hollywood.

Rosa Manuela Barrientos, 23, and Maria Michelle Inzunza, 25, both Los Angeles residents, face one count of murder with the special circumstance allegation that it was committed during a robbery and one count of attempted robbery of the second degree.

The case also alleges that Barrientos killed the victim by personally and intentionally discharging a handgun. She was convicted of second-degree robbery last year.

Deputy DA’s Elan Carr and Elizabeth Dickinson will prosecute.

RELATED LINK: 2 Women Suspected Of Gunning Down North Hollywood Liquor Store Clerk

Mohammed Kalam, 61, was fatally shot in the head as the two defendants tried to rob a liquor store on Sherman Way and Bellaire Avenue in North Hollywood last Saturday evening, prosecutors allege.

If convicted as charged, both defendants face the death penalty or life in state prison without the possibility of parole. The decision whether to seek capital punishment will be made at a later date, the DA said.

Barrientos and Inzunza are being held without bail.

Los Angeles Police Department Valley Bureau Homicide detectives continues to investigate the fatal shooting.

Comments

1. GROWAPAIR says:

Yeah, I’m KELVIN STEPHEN. I’m a hardened thug. I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also give you free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name, like I did to nobama, America, and everyone else I hate.

1. Kelvin Stephens says:

Yeah DICCKLESS MIKE, everyone still sees you, metaphorically since you hide under a rock with your daddy’s nuts up your butt

1. GROWAPAIR says:

You want to know another thing about Transgender people. Well, you pu$sies think I need so much protection when I already get paid more licking buttlips than what most of you’ll ever see with or without these people. Jail is punishment, but constitutionally it can’t be “cruel or unusual,” so every time you brain dead pu$sies give in and vote for more tough on crime laws check the “ferry dust” coming from my butt. Transgender is not sexual deviance, know your terms, dumba-$ses.

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, I get b1tch slapped by GROWAPAIR so I lick BUTTH0LES and jack off screen names

2. MIKE says:

Yeah, I’m PU$SY MIKE I’m the INTERNET BlTCH . I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also give you free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name and lick nuts, like I did to nobama, America, and everyone else I hate and who b1tch slapped me

2. GROWAPAIR says:

Hillary Clinton 2016!!! She is backed by Black Lives Matter and the LGBT community. Love Trumps Hate!!!

I’m GROWAPAIR and I endorse Hillary Clinton

1. E. Nora Amrani says:

I’m PU$SY MIKE and I lick Trump nuts

1. GROWAPAIR says:

Yeah, I’m PU$SY MIKE I’m the INTERNET BlTCH . I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also give you free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name and lick nuts, like I did to nobama, America, and everyone else I hate.