More Protests, New Questions Emerge In Shooting Of Unarmed Black Man In El Cajon

EL CAJON (CBSLA.com)  —  More protests and new questions emerged Wednesday in the fatal police shooting of an unarmed black man in El Cajon.

A midday protest in El Cajon brought a few hundred to the streets, people who want answers from police about Tuesday’s shooting death of the man behind a fast-food restaurant.

Police said it appeared the dead man was pulling a weapon on them. But he was unarmed.

CBS2’s Michele Gile reported from the protest. She also spoke to people who witnessed the shooting.

The march started at the police department, where mostly peaceful demonstrators blocked intersections.

Drivers, for the most part, took it in stride, except for several trying to get to work.

El Cajon police acknowledge Alfred Olongo, 30, was not armed when he was shot and killed.

However, the chief also said Olongo disobeyed commands and pulled something out of his pocket and held it in a “shooting position.”

It appears Olongo aimed a vape pipe at officers. One could be seen on the ground near where Olongo went down.

Olongo was described his family as mentally ill. His sister called 911 Tuesday when she said he began acting erratic.

While one officer used a stun gun, the other opened fired. The department has a unit to deal with people who are mentally ll, but they were on another call at the time of the incident, officials said.

The mayor said he’s seen video of the shooting and it shows a distraught man. He called it a tragedy for all involved.

“The family is devastated,” said Mayor Bill Wells. “The person who lost his life is devastated. Even the police officers involved in the shooting are devastated. And certainly the community is devastated. But this community is a strong community. This is the type of community that doesn’t see these types of problems happen very often.”

The mayor said he encouraged citizens to protest and express their First Amendment rights but wants to ask that every protest remain peaceful.

The police involved in the shooting have 21 years of experience on the force, Gile reported.

KCAL9’s Stacey Butler picked up the story at night where another protest was held.

Thousands blocked traffic in a march towards the police department.

One protester was knocked down by a car.

The marchers chanted, “No justice, no peace, no racist police!”

Police said they have cellphone video of the incident but wouldn’t release it until their investigation is over. They said that could take months.

Comments

1. ZumaMom says:

He had a long record going back over 10 years.
    Good riddance.

1. GROWAPAIR says:

Your ten plus year record with law enforcement is your tongue up their butt holes, PU$SY BlTCH.

2. GROWAPAIR says:

Whiny overpaid incompetence pu$Sy cops were told he was unarmed, asshats are afraid of anything that throws a shadow. The only bigger chickenshhit PU$SY BlTCH is DICCKLESS MIKE THE PU$SY DUMBFUK and everyone knows who that is. My bet is that these “innocent” asshat cops cost the taxpayers $7.5 mil..

1. ZumaMom says:

You want to know another thing about Transgender people. Well, you pu$sies think I need so much protection when I already get paid more licking buttlips than what most of you’ll ever see with or without these people. Jail is punishment, but constitutionally it can’t be “cruel or unusual,” so every time you brain dead pu$sies give in and vote for more tough on crime laws check the “ferry dust” coming from my butt. Transgender is not sexual deviance, know your terms, dumba-$ses.

I’m MIKE, the Original Internet PU$SY BlTCH, I get b1tch slapped by GROWAPAIR so I lick BUTTH0LES and jack off screen names

2. GROWAPAIR says:

And someone could tell you there was a leprechaun and the end of a rainbow and you’d believe it, azzhat.

2. GROWAPAIR says:

Hillary R Clinton 2016!!! She is backed by Black Lives Matter and the LGBT community. Love Trumps Hate!!!

I’m GROWAPAIR and I endorse Hillary Clinton

1. Donald Trump says:

PU$SY MIKE, thanks for licking our butt holes the GOP needs more losers like you

1. GROWAPAIR says:

3. GROWAPAIR says:

Yeah, I’m GROWAPAIR. I’m a hardened thug. I don’t like woods or south siders. I was picked up for criminal threats, and got a beat down in the process. Robert Hale got me a plea deal. They segregate “gays” and I learned about Allah in there. They also give you free meds. Go for it. Be careful, or I’ll hijack your name, like I did to nobama, America, and everyone else I hate.

1. GROWAPAIR says: