Rapper Coolio Arrested At LAX On Suspicion Of Possessing Firearm, Police Say

LOS ANGELES (CBSLA.com) — Authorities say Rapper Coolio was one of two people arrested at Los Angeles International Airport on suspicion of possessing a firearm.

Coolio, whose real name is Artis Leon Ivey Jr., has since been booked on suspicion of possession of a firearm by a felon, according to Alicia Hernandez, an airport police officer.

The incident unfolded shortly before 11 a.m. Saturday when airport police say they responded to Terminal 3 for a report of a prohibited item that had been found during a TSA screening.

When they arrived, police say they took possession of a carry-on bag, which was located in the X-ray screening area.

“Upon arrival Airport Police immediately took possession of a carry-on bag in the X-ray screening belt and detained a 39-year-old black male who claimed possession of the bag.” Hernandez said in a statement to CBS Los Angeles.

“Further investigation revealed that the bag contained items belonging to one of the suspect’s traveling companions who left the screening area and boarded an aircraft for departure,” Officer Hernandez said.

She explained in the statement that airport police detained Ivey, Jr. “who upon questioning claimed ownership and possession of the carry-on bag.”

Both suspects were subsequently arrested and transported to the Pacific Division jail of the Los Angeles Police Department for booking.

No one was injured.

The rapper released this video statement to Youtube late on Saturday night thanking his fans for the support.

Comments

1. Larry Budzinski says:

What, exactly, is a “Coolio”?

1. Alfonso Reyes says:

Someone, our biatch Mike’s, has his tongue up the b’hole, and Mike will use GROWAPAIR’S screen name to prove it.

2. Kelvin Stephens says:

mmmmm, b’holes🙂

1. Larry Budzinski says:

Mike, you go girl, you know our b’holes appreciate it. Do another screen name.

2. medocadvikian says:

Yeah, GROWAPAIR’s tongue is worth looking for the rock the biatch hides under, he be one stupid fuk

1. Larry Budzinski says:

Mike, you go girl, you know our b’holes appreciate it. The two things you still do well, lick our b’holes and make up screen names.

1. Alfonso Reyes says:

Told ya our little biatch, Mike, would be using GROWAPAIR’S screen name and licking our b’holes.

2. Kelvin Stephens says:

To the administrators of the comment section of the CBS news website; I am the real Alfonso Reyes, sadly a troll whose foul mouthed rhetoric I have seen before has hijacked my screen & real name & others screen names posting offensive responses to other members of this forum. If you would like I can verify my identity via your initial inquiry through my real E-mail that you have on file to reach out to me for contact for this purpose. I await your reply & thank you for your time & consideration.

3. Alfonso Reyes says:

1. Larry Budzinski says:

Dude what’s up? Mike licked your b’hole and you have to get back in line for seconds, don’t be a biatch because we won’t let you cut in, or are you mad because you don’t have a nutsack for Mike to play with?

4. Alfonso Reyes says:

It also seems this troll stole the screen names of Larry Budzinski & Medocadvikian.

1. GROWAPAIR says:

1. Alfonso Reyes says:

It also seems this troll stole the screen names of GROWAPAIR & Medocadvikian.