Clifton’s chef Andrew Pastore shares his recipes for Rigatoni a la Vodka.
6 1/2 oz fresh rigatoni pasta
6 oz marinara
5 ea cherry tomato cut in half
1 Tbsp chopped garlic
2 Tbsp peas
2 oz vodka
2 Tbsp Parmesan
4 oz heavy cream
2 g basil chiffonade
1 ½ T chopped mozzarella bocconcine
1 oz oil
1 oz butter
Salt and pepper to taste
Cook rigatoni in boiling salted water until al dente and reserve
In a saute pan, heat butter and oil until butter is melted
- Add tomatoes and blister them
- Then add garlic and cook until fragrant (no color).
- Off the fire, add vodka to saute pan, bring pan back to the stove and vodka (sauce will ignite) cook off until all fire in pan dies out.
- Add marinara and cream and bring to a simmer
- Add pasta, parmesan, and salt and pepper
- Top off with mozzarella and basil