BBQ Some Sweet Treats For Labor Day With Tips From Chef Dangond
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Are you in charge of barbecuing for Labor Day?
Lynx Executive Chef Andres Dangond stopped by KCAL9 to show viewers how to grill some sweet treats just in time for Labor Day.
Here are the recipes Dangond shared:
GRILLED MANGO WITH SPICY RUM GLAZE & FRENCH VANILLA ICE CREAM
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
1 ½ tablespoons honey
½ teaspoon chili powder
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
2 tablespoons dark rum
2 firm mangos, peeled pitted and sliced into strips
1 pint French vanilla ice cream
½ cup flaked coconut sweetened, lightly toasted
¼ cup sliced almonds, lightly toasted
4 lime wedges
- Heat the butter, pineapple juice, honey, chili powder and cayenne pepper in small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, over medium heat, until the mixture begins to thicken slightly, about 10 minutes. Stir in the rum; remove the glaze from the heat. Set aside to cool completely.
- Brush the mango slices with some of the glaze and let stand 10 minutes. Preheat your grill to medium heat, around 500 F. Add the mango slices and grill, turning occasionally until browned and nicely marked, 3 – 5 minutes.
- Place a few mango slices in each of 4 dessert bowls. Top each serving with 1 scoop ice cream, 2 tablespoons of the toasted coconut, and 1 tablespoon of the almonds; top with additional mango slices. Drizzle each with the remaining glaze and serve with the lime wedges.
STUFFED BANANA BOATS
2 Bananas, skin on
¼ cup Bittersweet Chocolate Chips
¼ cup Butterscotch or Peanut Butter Chips
Mini Marshmallows, as needed
- Preheat grill to medium heat or 500 F.
- Make a half-inch deep cut along the length of each banana, and stuff it with mixed chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, and as many mini marshmallows you can fit in there.
- Carefully place the stuffed bananas on the grill, between 2 grates so they lay with the cut part up.
- Close the hood and grill for about 4 minutes, until the marshmallows are melted and brown.
4 Donuts, plain
Butter, melted, as needed
¼ cup Pecans, chopped (optional)
¼ cup Walnuts, chopped (optional)
Maple Syrup, as needed (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium/low heat, or 400°F.
- Slice open the donuts like a burger bun and brush all sides with melted butter.
- Grill donuts for about 2 minutes on each side or until the grill marks form and donuts are lightly toasted.
- Remove from grill and serve while still warm. You can enjoy these grilled donuts like French toast, with maple syrup, some chopped nuts, with ice cream, crème fraiche or even a fresh berry jam.