Running On Empty: OC Water District’s Mehul Patel
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Ed Mertz has been at KFWB since March of 2000 and began reporting for...Read More
- California Launches Website Where People Can Snitch On Water Wasters - California has multiple restrictions on water use, including banning washing cars with hoses that don't shut off and restricting lawn-watering within two days of rainfall. But enforcement varies widely across the parched state.
- Southland Communities Conserve Water, Face Rate Hikes - As Californians reduced water consumption 27 percent last month compared with June 2013, three Southland communities made particularly dramatic reductions in water usage.
- California Water Usage Drops In June, Exceeds Governor’s Mandate - Californians continued to conserve water in June as a record-breaking heat wave swept throughout much of the state, officials said Thursday.
- Fountain Valley Earns Top Water Conservation Spot In Orange County - While California residents continue the struggle of trying to conserve water through the drought, one local community raised the bar for water management.
- LA Commissioners Consider Further Restricting 3-Day Watering Schedule - At a meeting Tuesday, commissioners from the L.A. Department of Water and Power decided to stay with the current three-day watering schedule.
(KNX 1070) — In Orange County, they’re turning sewer water into drinking water. Ed Mertz talked with Mehul Patel, groundwater replenishment system program manager with the Orange County Water District.