Running On Empty: OC Water District’s Mehul Patel
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Ed Mertz has been at KFWB since March of 2000 and began reporting for...Read More
- Brown Signs Order To Buy Drinking Water For Residents Whose Wells Are Dry - Residents in drought-stricken California whose wells have gone dry will soon get help from key state agencies under an order Gov. Jerry Brown signed Friday.
- Water Through Food: Chef Shares Water-Rich Dishes To Help You Stay Hydrated - Whether due to the drought or personal preference, some people have a difficult time getting enough drinking water. However, a chef for celebrities is sharing tips and recipes to help people get more water through eating the right foods.
- Santa Clarita Valley’s Water Supply Hit Hard By Mega-Drought - Santa Clarita Valley water officials said they've had to shut down some of the wells that supply water for home and businesses because they're drying up.
- DWP To Explore Pricing Tiers Based On Residents’ Water Usage - Would adding a more complex pricing structure at the DWP encourage customers to cut back on their water usage?
- Calif. On Verge Of Regulating Groundwater Supply For 1st Time - The state Assembly on Friday voted 44-27 to send the bill, AB1739, to Gov. Jerry Brown, whose administration has been shaping the rules. Two companion bills were sent to the Senate and were expected to win approval later in the day.
(KNX 1070) — In Orange County, they’re turning sewer water into drinking water. Ed Mertz talked with Mehul Patel, groundwater replenishment system program manager with the Orange County Water District.