Running On Empty: Making Water
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Ed Mertz has been at KFWB since March of 2000 and began reporting for...Read More
- LA County Leases Two Additional Firefighting Aircraft From Canada - Los Angeles County has leased two additional SuperScooper firefighting aircraft from Canada as a precaution in case of fall wildfires in Southern California.
- The ‘Wet’ Prince Of Bel Air: 1 Home Uses 12 Million Gallons Of Water Per Year - While the drought has most of us conserving water, one home in Bel Air guzzled nearly 12 million gallons of water in just one year.
- Lakewood, El Monte Among California’s Best Water Savers In August - Lakewood was among one of California's top water-saving cities in August, reducing its water use by a whopping 30 percent in August, and the city of El Monte was not far behind, reducing its water use by 22.9 percent.
- Officials: California Meeting Water Conservation Target - A state water official said Californians have met a mandate to save water for a third consecutive month during the grinding drought.
- DigDeep Hosts Empty Pool Party In Downtown LA To Raise Drought Awareness - Every drop of water counts.
(KNX 1070) — Work is being done to tap into the ocean, while the water flowing from some taps is already coming from toilets. Ed Mertz reports.