Running On Empty: Making Water
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Ed Mertz has been at KFWB since March of 2000 and began reporting for...Read More
- Official: DWP May Take Up To 48 Hours To Respond To Smaller Water Main Breaks - Despite water usage restrictions for customers, it can still take up to two days for DWP crews to fix some water main breaks, officials said Thursday.
- JPL: Don’t Expect Drought Relief From El Niño - The anticipated blockbuster return of El Niño is looking more like it will be a flop, a climatologist said Monday.
- Family Of Bears Wander Through Duarte - A bear family took a leisurely stroll Sunday morning through Duarte, much to the alarm of residents.
- Brown Signs Order To Buy Drinking Water For Residents Whose Wells Are Dry - Residents in drought-stricken California whose wells have gone dry will soon get help from key state agencies under an order Gov. Jerry Brown signed Friday.
- Water Through Food: Chef Shares Water-Rich Dishes To Help You Stay Hydrated - Whether due to the drought or personal preference, some people have a difficult time getting enough drinking water. However, a chef for celebrities is sharing tips and recipes to help people get more water through eating the right foods.
(KNX 1070) — Work is being done to tap into the ocean, while the water flowing from some taps is already coming from toilets. Ed Mertz reports.