Running On Empty: Making Water
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Ed Mertz has been at KFWB since March of 2000 and began reporting for...Read More
- Drought-Resistant Turf Costing Some Glendale Business Owners - The transition to drought-resistant plants may be bringing in less green to some local businesses in one Glendale neighborhood.
- California Launches Website Where People Can Snitch On Water Wasters - California has multiple restrictions on water use, including banning washing cars with hoses that don't shut off and restricting lawn-watering within two days of rainfall. But enforcement varies widely across the parched state.
- Southland Communities Conserve Water, Face Rate Hikes - As Californians reduced water consumption 27 percent last month compared with June 2013, three Southland communities made particularly dramatic reductions in water usage.
- California Water Usage Drops In June, Exceeds Governor’s Mandate - Californians continued to conserve water in June as a record-breaking heat wave swept throughout much of the state, officials said Thursday.
- Fountain Valley Earns Top Water Conservation Spot In Orange County - While California residents continue the struggle of trying to conserve water through the drought, one local community raised the bar for water management.
(KNX 1070) — Work is being done to tap into the ocean, while the water flowing from some taps is already coming from toilets. Ed Mertz reports.