Running On Empty: Gov. Jerry Brown
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Margaret Carrero joined the KNX 1070 news team in March...Read More
- 5 Tips For Conserving Water At Home - Here in dry, dusty Southern California, dealing with the worst drought in state history has become the "new normal." In my home, we've cut back on showers and watering the lawn.
- Water-Wasters In These Areas Could Face Triple The Fines - Water customers in some Southern California areas could pay triple fines if they don't cut back enough during the drought.
- Feds Providing $50M For Water-Saving Projects - The U.S. government will invest nearly $50 million in water conservation and reuse projects in 12 drought-stricken Western states, Interior Secretary Sally Jewell announced Wednesday.
- LA City Council Approves New Phase In Water Conservation Efforts - The Los Angeles City Council Wednesday approved a new phase in the city’s effort to conserve water.
- For California Salmon, Summer Of Truck Rides, Bucket Lifts - What do you do when you have 30 million young salmon ready for their big journeys downstream, but drought and development have dried your riverbeds to sauna rocks? In California this year, you give the fish a ride.
(KNX 1070) — Gov. Jerry Brown has declared a drought state of emergency in California, calling on all Californians to cut back their water use by 20 percent. The Governor talked exclusively with Margaret Carrero.