Running On Empty: Gov. Jerry Brown
July 31, 2014 5:00 AM
Margaret Carrero joined the KNX 1070 news team in March...Read More
- Evidence Mounts For El Nino That Could Ease California’s Drought - Evidence is mounting that the El Nino ocean-warming phenomenon in the Pacific will spawn a rainy winter in California.
- Californians’ Fake Lawns Protected By New Law - Cities in drought-stricken California can no longer stop residents from installing fake grass to replace their water-guzzling lawns.
- Predicted Santa Ana Winds Fuel Fire Concerns For Foothill Residents This Week - Santa Ana winds are expected to kick up once again by the end of the week during what authorities fear could be one of the worst fire seasons seen yet.
- Alaskan Bottling Company Proposes New Idea To Fight Drought Conditions In California - The CEO of Alaska Bulk Water, Terry Trapp, announced plans to try and export water from Blue Lake, located near Sitka, which gets plenty of rain each year.
- LA County Leases Two Additional Firefighting Aircraft From Canada - Los Angeles County has leased two additional SuperScooper firefighting aircraft from Canada as a precaution in case of fall wildfires in Southern California.
(KNX 1070) — Gov. Jerry Brown has declared a drought state of emergency in California, calling on all Californians to cut back their water use by 20 percent. The Governor talked exclusively with Margaret Carrero.