Reuben Brody Shares Summer Hot Spots In LA
Links & Numbers
Websites and phone numbers from stories you saw on CBS2 and KCAL9:
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — InsideHook’s Los Angeles Editor Reuben Brody stopped by KCAL9 Friday afternoon to talk with us about the best summer spots in Los Angeles for adventure, dates and family fun.
Some of the hot spots Brody shared today with us were:
Date Night Locations–
- The Malibu Pier Restaurant gives you a romantic view overlooking the water while eating, and even has a bar next door to grab drinks before hand.
- Saint Martha in Koreatown is hidden in a strip mall that serves delicious dishes like a Texas style brisket that food lovers will appreciate.
- Smoke.Oil.Salt gives you more of a casual environment, serving Spanish food created by the owners of popular Umami Burger.
- Grab a bite to eat from local food trucks at The Tall Ships Festival, where kids can see sword fights, learn about the ships and listen to live music.
- In August, head to Sundays in Grand Park, offering a great day of family fun featuring games for kids, electronic music and food trucks.
- Learn the history of the hippest neighborhood at LACMA’s History of Venice and see how it was conceived as a resort similar to Venice, Italy.
- A great place for bigger hikes, Mt. Baldy will give you nine miles of exercise and fun.
- Stand Up Paddleboarding is offered in Newport at night by Pirate Coast Paddle, featuring LED lights under the boards so that they glow in the ocean.
- The Sepulveda Basin just reopened, giving the opportunity to kayak two-miles along the Los Angeles River.