MANHATTAN BEACH (CBSLA.com) — The Los Angeles Kings will continue their 2014 Stanley Cup championship celebration with a parade Wednesday through three South Bay beach cities.
The parade is set to begin at 3 p.m. and will proceed through Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach. Redondo Beach Police Station is set as the parade’s starting point, while it is expected to finish at the intersection of Manhattan Avenue and Manhattan Beach Boulevard.
The parade, which is expected to last 90 minutes as it progresses down the Strand in Hermosa Beach, will feature 15 Toyota Tundras, and the players will sit in the truck beds.
Each Tundra will have two to three players, and the mayor of each city is expected to participate.
Specifically, the parade route includes the Police Department as its origin, to a Redondo Beach Pier turnaround, then a left on Catalina, a left on Beryl, a right on Harbor, a left onto Second Street to Strand, a right on 22nd Street, a left on Hermosa Avenue, a right on Greenwich Village, a left on Manhattan Avenue, and the parade will end at Manhattan Beach Boulevard.
According to a traffic advisory, street and parking lot closures for Wednesday in the South Bay Beach cities include:
- Manhattan Avenue: 1st St. north to 9th Place (during the parade)
- Manhattan Avenue: 9th Pl. north to 15th Street (duration of event, 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM)
- Manhattan Beach Blvd.: Highland Ave. west to Ocean Dr. (duration of event, 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM)
- Ocean Dr.: 1st St. north to 9th pl. (during parade)
- Ocean Dr.: 9th Pl. north to 15th St. (duration of event, 1:00 PM – 6:00 PM)
- Upper Pier Parking lots: closed to public 8:00 AM – Midnight
- Lower Pier Parking lots: closed to public 1:00 PM – Midnight
Residents who live within the event area are encouraged to make arrangements for leaving or returning to the area before scheduled street closures.