Attorney: Donald Sterling Says No Deal, Lawsuit Against NBA Back On

LOS ANGELES (AP) — An attorney for Donald Sterling says the Los Angeles Clippers owner has pulled his support from a deal to sell the team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer and will pursue his $1 billion federal lawsuit against the NBA.

Attorney Maxwell Blecher said Monday that Sterling “instructed (us) to prosecute the lawsuit” and the deal’s off.

The $2 billion sale was negotiated by wife Shelly Sterling after Donald Sterling’s racist remarks to a girlfriend were publicized and the NBA moved to oust him as owner. The lawsuit alleges the league violated his constitutional rights, antitrust laws and committed breach of contract.

Donald Sterling agreed to ink the deal and drop the suit last week, but then decided against it after learning the NBA won’t revoke its lifetime ban and fine.

(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Comments

One Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

More From CBS Los Angeles

KNX 1070 Newsradio
Play.It

Listen Live