STUDIO CITY (KCAL9) — Looking for the perfect Father’s Day gift?
Dave Hauer, associate from Home Depot stopped by KCAL9 Wednesday to show viewers how to make Dad the perfect outdoor “man cave”.
STEP ONE: Get the right grill
- If your Dad is the grill master, add new variety and functionality to his favorite cooking tool — the grill.
- Weber Spirit E-310 Gourmet BBQ System Gas Grill makes it easy to use the grill for nontraditional meals. Remove the classic grates and drop in one of the cooking attachments like the pizza stone to create three meals a day — all on one place.
- Stuff-a-Burger Press and Basket: Simultaneously grill multiple burger patties at once.
- Pit Mitt: Handle hot items on the grill, resistant to heat up to 450 degrees.
- Quesadilla Basket: Grill quesadillas quicker with all your favorite ingredients.
- Potato Nails:Heat conducted through these stainless steel nails cuts down on cooking time.
- Rib Rack:Easily get the ribs on and off the grill using the built in handles.
STEP TWO: Store the tools
- Help Dad settle in and make the space his own by adding storage for his favorite tools.
STEP THREE: Update the patio furniture
- Before your guests arrive, give your patio a pick-me-up. With hundreds of customizable and mix ‘n’ match options, it is easy to show off your distinct style.
- Create Your Own: Outdoor living furniture with customizable design elements, such as interchangeable pillows and a combination of swivel and rocking chairs, adds a personalized touch.
- Mix ‘n’ Match: Construction and materials make all the difference in how the piece weathers the test of time.
- Swap Cushions: Bright colors and patterns add punches of color, while neutrals like moss green, celery and silver complement existing décor.
STEP FOUR: Finish off the space
- Your outdoor area does not have to be limited to patio furniture and deck umbrellas. Accessories and personal touches accent a space to add comfort and style.
- Fire Pits: Install an outdoor fire pit or fireplace to your living area to extend your outdoor season. Be sure to measure the size of your space before selecting the right fire pit for you. Do not place a fire pit under a roof, even if the structure is open on three sides.
- Chimeneas: Offer compact and portable alternatives for smaller spaces and come in many sizes and styles to match your style. Use plenty of water and turn the ashes to ensure the fire and all the embers are completely out.
- Fans: Coordinate your fan with the color and style of your patio furniture for a polished look. Determine if you need a wet-rated or damp-rated ceiling fan.
Complete the look: Match outdoor accessories with the style of your home’s interior for a sense of flow between indoor and outdoor living areas.