STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Want a workout that is simple, effective and doesn’t cost money? Try High Intensity Interval Training!
Lorri Ann Code, fitness professional and owner of Mama Bootcamp, visited the KCAL9 studios Tuesday to demo HIIT.
Code has spent over 30 years in the fitness industry, designing strength training “bootcamps” throughout California–training thousands of people how to get off the couch and move for a healthier lifestyle. Her new Mama Bootcamp classes will be offered in Temecula starting June 10th-Tuesday and Thursdays, 6:00 p.m., Pauba Ridge Park, 33407 Pauba Road.
HIIT Workouts Give High Benefit!
• Short bursts of fitness activity/10-15 minute increments 3x per week
• Alternatives between intense bursts of activity and fixed periods of rest/less-intense activity
• 2 weeks of HIIT improves aerobic capacity ( the benefits are as much as 6-8 weeks of endurance training!)
• Burn More Fat! Not only do you burn more calories during a HIIT workout, but you burn more fat and calories in the 24 hours AFTER a HIIT workout
• Healthier Heart and increases your aerobic capacity!
• Lose Weight, Not Muscle. When you diet, you lose muscle mass along with fat. Studies show that HIIT workouts allow dieters to preserve their hard-earned muscles while ensuring most of the weight lost comes from stored fat. Win/Win!
• Increase Metabolism. HIIT stimulates production of your human growth hormone (HGH) by up to 450% during the 24 hours after you finish your workout. It also slows down the aging process.
• Do It Anywhere. Because it’s so simple, you can adapt your exercise program to whatever time and space constraints that you have.
• Challenging. You work hard during the entire HIIT workout, but the benefits are: It’s short It’s not boring! (you can change your exercises anytime)