Fight Skin Aging Due To Air Pollution With Clarisonic
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — Air pollution is not only bad for your health, it also makes you look older!
Dr. Robb Akridge, Global General Manager of Clarisonic and one of the co-founders of the brand, visited the KCAL9 studios Wednesday to show viewers simple solutions to protect, prevent and treat the effects of air pollution.
- You can wear sunscreen, drink water, and quit smoking, all to preserve the health of your skin – but people don’t realize air pollution also causes skin aging.
- Air pollution can be up to 20x smaller than pores.
- It gets stuck in your skin and causes skin to age — dark spots, fine lines, wrinkles, hyperpigmentation, etc.
- It can even lead to serious skin conditions like skin cancer.
• Clean your face every day. Pollution particles are so small, they cannot all be removed by manual cleansing with hands…and that’s what Clarisonic set out to solve.
• In a recent study, Clarisonic discovered that its sonic cleansing brushes are the only device proven to remove 30 times more pollution than cleansing with hands alone
• Clarisonic’s patented sonic method works with the skin’s natural elasticity to thoroughly cleanse and go beneath the skin’s surface to beautifully transform its texture, reducing the appearance of pore size and creating a softer, smoother, more radiant complexion.
• Price: $199
• Available at Clarisonic.com, Sephora, Nordstrom, as well as at select spas and dermatology offices.
APPLY ANTIOXIDANTS & REPLACE LOST OXYGEN
• Antioxidants are a must because they neutralize free radicals
• SkinCeuticals recently completed a study that proves its topical antioxidants, like SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic, neutralize the damage from air pollution and defend skin against oxidative stress to help prevent premature aging
• Air pollution can also suck the oxygen out of your skin, causing it to age faster.
• Bliss’s best-selling triple oxygen instant energizing mask replaces the oxygen that pollution pulls from the skin.
• FUN FACT: This is a top seller in China which is known for having some of the world’s worst rates of air pollution
• Price: $157
• Available: skinceuticals.com and dermatologist offices nationwide
CARE FOR THE DELICATE EYE AREA
• SkinCeuticals AOX+ Eye Gel works to prevent signs of aging while correcting existing photodamage. This breakthrough serum-in-a-gel contains a synergistic antioxidant combination to protect the eye area from oxidative stress and revive the under-eye skin, reducing the appearance of puffiness.
• Clarisonic Opal’s soft applicator tip, precision tuned sonic frequency, and gentle kneading motion maximizes the transfer of serum into the epidermis. It can be used to aid in the application of other products too, like the SkinCeuticals’ AOX + Eye Gel.
OTHER THINGS YOU CAN DO
• Drink Green tea. Teas are a type of antioxidant and can detoxify free radicals in the body.
• Take Vitamin C supplements. It is critical for your body and plays an important role in maintaining healthy, resilient skin. These antioxidants work by speeding up the skin’s natural repair systems and preventing further damage.
• Don’t take hot showers. The hot water washes away skin’s protective oils, leaving it dry, tight, and itchy. Switch to lukewarm water to protect the skin’s outer layer.