‘Smart Kids Smart Money’ Aims To Prepare Children For Their Future
Links & NumbersInformation & Resources On Dangers Of Marijuana Use Covered California Enrollment Methods Hire LA Youth Hospital Ratings Stradivarius Fest Tell Us Who's Hiring!
STUDIO CITY (CBSLA.com) — New York Times best-selling author, Dave Ramsey and his daughter, author and speaker, Rachel Cruze visited the KCAL9 studios Monday to talk about their new book.
The book, “Smart Money Smart Kids,” provides tips to help parents teach their kids about money.
Dave and Rachel will be hosting a signing at 7 p.m. at Barnes & Noble, 1201 3rd St Promenade, Santa Monica, CA on Monday.
What are the most important lessons parents should teach their kids about money?
• Work: Kids need to make the work-money connection.
• Save: Its important kids realize delayed pleasure by saving up for purchases.
• Spend: Kids need to have a little fun with the money they earn.
• Give: Giving is the most fun you can have with money. Start this habit early.
How can parents begin implementing these principles today?
• Find teachable moments in everyday life.
• Don’t make into a big ordeal.
• Remember that your kids are watching you.